UPDATE: Elizabeth Station: Eastbound Platform and Stationhouse Reopen – Effective Tuesday, September 12, 2023
Effective Tuesday, September 12, the Eastbound platform to New York/Newark and the stationhouse is re-opening as the Elizabeth Station enhancement project progresses. See below for updated details:
- Track 1, the Eastbound platform to New York/Newark will be reopened for customer use.
- Sections of the Track 4 platform, Westbound from New York/Newark, will continue to be temporarily closed until further notice. As the project progresses, certain entrance/exit points at the station may be temporarily closed as well.
- Trains will remain accessible via open areas on the platforms, customers will need to enter or exit the station at an alternate location.
- Platform boarding locations have been slightly relocated due to ongoing renovation work. Customers are advised to follow posted signage and allow for extra time to board trains.
- Staircases may be intermittently closed during construction.
- Effective Tuesday, September 12, the Commerce Street staircase, leading to Track 4, the Westbound platform from New York/Newark, will be reopened.
- Customers may use the new staircase and elevator near the corner of Julian Place and Morris Avenue to access Westbound trains.
- Ticket windows are available at the new Eastbound station building of Elizabeth Station. Ticket windows will remain open Monday to Friday, 6AM to 6PM, and Saturday to Sunday, 6:30AM to 2:30PM.
- Two Ticket Vending Machines (TVMs) are available on each platform. Note: The TVM for Track 1 has been relocated further east on the platform.
- For your convenience, tickets may continue to be purchased on the NJ TRANSIT Mobile App.
Important note for customers requiring accessible services:
- Between 12:30AM and 5AM daily, Elizabeth Station will NOT be ADA accessible. During these hours, construction will require trains to arrive/depart at platform areas that use low-level boarding; train stairs and a temporary walkway will be required for customers to board/alight.
- Elevators may be taken in/out of service during this project. Please visit Travel Alerts & Advisories and Elevator Status for further details.
- Customers requiring accessible services must use nearby ADA accessible stations such as Newark Penn, Newark Airport and Rahway during these hours. Visit Accessible Services for a complete list of accessible rail stations, bus routes and other alternate travel options.
Please allow for extra travel time, and for your safety, obey posted signs and do not travel through barricaded areas.
We thank you for your patience as we continue to expand and enhance Elizabeth Station.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5PM daily.