New Brunswick Station: Escalator Upgrades Project - Effective July 2023
Effective July 2023 and continuing through the end of December 2023, the escalator located within the station building, servicing the Eastbound Platform, will be closed and the surrounding areas by the escalator will be barricaded.
- On or about July 10, 2023, and ending by August 2023, access to the platform and waiting room/ticket window, on the 2nd floor of the station building, will only be available via the Easton Avenue station door entrance. The Eastbound staircase on George Street will also remain open and available to access the Eastbound platform.
- On or about July 2023 and ending by December 2023, the Albany Street station door entrance will only access the Dunkin Donuts and Redwood Florist Flower Shop vendors.
- On or about August 1, 2023, and ending by November 2023, the Easton Avenue station entrance door, the interior pedestrian tunnel, and station interior staircase may be temporarily closed if the work zone is not secured overnight. The exterior staircase tower located across Easton Avenue will be available to access the Eastbound platform. The Eastbound staircase on George Street will also be available.
- ADA access to the Eastbound Platform will be provided by the elevator tower adjacent the station building (by Easton Avenue) and elevator tower located east of the station building adjacent the parking deck/taxi queuing area.
Ticket Window/Ticket Vending Machines:
- Ticket window sales, located on the 2nd floor of the station building, will not be disrupted during construction and will remain available during station hours.
- All Ticket Vending Machines (TVMs) will be available at their current locations.
- For your convenience, tickets may continue to be purchased on the NJ TRANSIT app.
Please allow for extra travel time, and for your safety, obey posted signs, and do not travel through barricaded areas.
We thank you for your patience as we continue to expand and enhance New Brunswick Station.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5PM daily.