MetLife Stadium: NJ TRANSIT Offers Rail Service to Army-Navy Game – Saturday, December 11, 2021
IMPORTANT: Please be sure to purchase a round trip ticket from your originating station to/from MEADOWLANDS STATION before starting your trip. You must have a ticket to board the train FROM MEADOWLANDS STATION at the close of the event. Plan your trip with the NJ TRANSIT app
On Saturday, December 11, NJ TRANSIT will offer Rail service to/from Secaucus Junction and MetLife Stadium for the iconic Army vs. Navy football game.
View Meadowlands Station Rail service schedule HERE.
Note that all MetLife Stadium Rail trips are served via shuttle train to/from Secaucus Junction/Hoboken and Meadowlands Rail Station. There is no direct Rail service to Meadowlands Station from any other Rail line or station.
Rail Service to MetLife Stadium:
- Penn Station New York to MetLife Stadium: There is no direct train service from Penn Station New York to MetLife Stadium. However, customers may take any NJ TRANSIT train that stops at Secaucus Junction and then transfer to MetLife Stadium-bound trains. Departure boards at Penn Station New York will display a “(S)” or “SEC” on trains that stop at Secaucus.
- Secaucus Junction to MetLife Stadium: The first train will depart Secaucus Junction for MetLife Stadium at 11:23AM. From approximately 12 noon until 3:15PM, trains will depart Secaucus every 10-20 minutes. The final MetLife Stadium-bound trains will depart Secaucus at 3:44PM and 4:17PM. Travel time between Secaucus and MetLife Stadium is approximately 13 minutes.
- Hoboken to MetLife Stadium: There are no direct trains from Hoboken to MetLife Stadium. Customers can take any Main, Bergen County, Pascack Valley or Port Jervis Line train from Hoboken to Secaucus and transfer to MetLife Stadium-bound trains.
Rail service from MetLife Stadium:
- MetLife Stadium to Penn Station New York: There is no direct train service from MetLife Stadium to Penn Station New York. Customers must take trains to Secaucus Junction and then transfer to any NJ TRANSIT train traveling toward New York.
- MetLife Stadium to Secaucus Junction: Train service from MetLife Stadium to Secaucus will begin at 3:48PM and operate periodically through 6:00PM. Trains will depart MetLife Stadium every 10 minutes from 6:00PM until 7:50PM. The last train to leave MetLife Stadium will be at 8:30PM. Service from the stadium will operate later if customer demand warrants.
- MetLife Stadium to Hoboken: Limited direct service will operate from MetLife Stadium to Hoboken following the game. Customers traveling from MetLife Stadium should listen to announcements on board their train to determine if they must change to a Hoboken-bound train at Secaucus.
NOTE: Customers making connections at Secaucus should check the departure time of their connecting train at Secaucus. Due to limits on the hours train crews can work, connections to last trains at Secaucus cannot be guaranteed.
Customers are strongly advised to plan ahead and carefully check Rail schedules for service from Secaucus to Penn Station New York and Hoboken Terminal after the event. Customers can use PATH service to New York from Hoboken Terminal. (Please note that PATH service will not be cross-honored for this event).
Customers connecting with trains at Secaucus should check their train schedules and allow for additional time in order to make their train connections. Visit Train Schedules for service details.
Customers traveling on NJ TRANSIT trains to MetLife Stadium should purchase their round-trip tickets from their originating station TO MEADOWLANDS STATION to avoid delays boarding trains. Tickets purchased on the train will include a $5 surcharge for each ticket.
NJ TRANSIT offers Meadowlands Station Rail-service online ticketing options in which customers can purchase round-trip adult tickets from their originating station to Meadowlands Station. Up to eight tickets may be purchased in one transaction. For Meadowlands Rail Station ticket information, click HERE.
Plan your trip, buy and display passes and tickets and get real-time bus and train status for your trip with the NJ TRANSIT app. Mobile tickets include a barcode to scan for access through the fare gates. Select Meadowlands as the destination for events at MetLife Stadium.
Note: Coach USA operates No. 351 service from PABT to the Meadowlands.
Visit the MetLife Stadium page for full stadium details including bag policy and Stadium Safe protocols.
Customers are required to wear masks while inside waiting rooms and on board all public transit vehicles regardless of physical distance through January 18, 2022 per the Transit Security Administration’s (TSA’s) federal directive. Eating and drinking on board is prohibited.
Customers needing any assistance during their travels should simply look for the NJ TRANSIT “ambassadors” who will be deployed throughout the system, easy to recognize and happy to provide help.
Important note: The closer you are to the front of the line following the game, the shorter the wait time is for a train to Secaucus. Depending on the number of customers traveling by rail, and where you are on the line to board, some customers may be subject to extended wait times to board trains from MetLife Stadium to Secaucus.
Pre-Game Travel Discounts: To receive a discount through December 5, customers can purchase round-trip NJ TRANSIT tickets to MetLife Stadium from any origin, valid only on game day, with a 20% discount, using the promo code “ARMY20” or “NAVY20” in the NJ TRANSIT Mobile App. Only full-priced NJ TRANSIT rail tickets will be available from December 6 through game day on December 11. Customers are strongly encouraged to purchase their round-trip tickets in advance for the most seamless experience on game day.
Military Discounts: Throughout the year, NJ TRANSIT is proud to honor the brave men and women who have worn the uniforms of the United States armed forces by offering a special discount to active-duty military personnel and their dependents, veterans with official “retired” status and veterans with service-connected disabilities. Simply select the “Senior/Disabled” fare when purchasing a ticket through the NJ TRANSIT Mobile App, a ticket vending machine or at a ticket office, and present your valid military or military-dependent ID cards upon request. Veterans with service-connected disabilities may also present a valid Veterans Affairs (VA) identification card which indicates "service connected" to use the one-way reduced ticket option.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5PM daily.