NJ TRANSIT OFFERS EXTRA BUS SERVICE TO NEW YORK FOR ST. PATRICK'S DAY PARADE
March 16, 2011
NEWARK, NJ — NJ TRANSIT will provide extra trips on a dozen bus routes to the Port Authority Bus Terminal on Thursday, March 17, to accommodate customers traveling to the annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade in New York City.
Extra trips will be offered on the following bus routes:
- 128 Boulevard East-New York: Additional local service inbound from North Bergen to New York via Boulevard East between 9:45 a.m. and noon.
- 163 Ridgewood-New York: Additional local service inbound from Hackensack (Summit Ave & Essex St.) from 8:45 a.m. until 12:45 p.m. operating via the Boulevard in Hasbrouck Heights. In addition, there will be one extra local trip from the Ridgewood Bus Terminal to New York at 9:29 a.m.
- 166T Cresskill-Bergenfield-New York: Turnpike Express (T) service inbound from Englewood (Van Nostrand & Grand Avenues) to New York operating between 9:25 a.m. and 10:45 a.m.
- 167 Harrington Park-Teaneck-New York: Additional Teaneck Road service inbound from Dumont (Madison & Washington Avenues) to New York via Teaneck Road & Glenpointe between 10:12 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- 177 Harrington Park-Dumont-New York: One extra trip at 9:48 a.m. from Dumont (Madison & Washington Avenues) to New York.
- 190 Paterson-New York: Additional local service from Passaic/Rutherford via Secaucus from 10:25 a.m. until noon.
- 190 Paterson-New York: Additional Rutherford Express (R) trip from Route 21 & Union Bridge in Rutherford to New York at 8:53 a.m.
- 191 Willowbrook-Little Falls-New York: Additional local service from the Allwood Road Park & Ride to New York via Lyndhurst at 11:55 a.m.
- 192 Clifton-New York: Additional express and local service from Allwood Road Park & Ride via Nutley/Lyndhurst to New York between 8:55 a.m. until 11:15 a.m.
- 193 Willowbrook Express-New York: Additional express service from Willowbrook Park/Ride to New York between 8:55 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.
- 194 Newfoundland-New York: Extra trip from Wayne/Route 23 Transit Center to New York at 10:50 a.m.
- 195 Willowbrook-Cedar Grove-New York: Additional local trip from Allwood Road Park/Ride via Lyndhurst to New York at 10:52 a.m.
- 197 Warwick-Wayne-New York: Extra trip from Pompton Lakes to New York via Valley Road in Wayne and Willowbrook at 10:55 a.m.
- Ticketing: To speed your return, purchase round-trip tickets at the start of your trip from bus operators inbound to New York or at ticket vending machines where available. Bus customers departing Port Authority Bus Terminal are reminded that tickets must be purchased before boarding the bus.
- Allow Extra Travel Time: Traffic congestion during the morning peak period and late morning hours may affect bus travel times to New York City. Customers should plan accordingly.
- Plan Ahead: Extra service will operate a few minutes ahead of regularly scheduled trips on the routes listed above. Customers should arrive at their boarding location 10 minutes earlier than the departure time.
- Parking: Customers traveling from Park/Rides at Allwood Road, Willowbrook Mall and Wayne/Route 23 Transit Center will be able to park in any unused monthly parking spaces after 9:30 a.m. or available daily spaces. Parking fees still apply. Customers parking at Willowbrook Mall Park/Ride are advised to enter from the US 46 entrances due to flooding in the area.
For schedules and fares, visit njtransit.com or call 973-275-5555.
About NJ TRANSIT
NJ TRANSIT is the nation's largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 895,000 weekday trips on 240 bus routes, three light rail lines and 12 commuter rail lines. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 165 rail stations, 60 light rail stations and more than 19,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.