UPDATE: NJ TRANSIT Updated Rail Schedules - Effective Immediately
UPDATE: Beginning Saturday, April 18, certain weekend trains will follow a revised weekend schedule due to COVID-19 related adjustments.
Please note the following updates:
- All 7600-series trains (running between Rahway and New York) will be cancelled.
- Additional North Elizabeth stops on certain Northeast Corridor and North Jersey Coast Line trains will be added to make up for the stops lost by the cancellation of the 7600-series trains.
- Minor changes will be made to the last trains on the North Jersey Coast and Raritan Valley lines.
Please note the following weekday adjustments already in progess:
Beginning Monday, March 23, NJ TRANSIT will enhance its weekday rail schedule to ensure additional regions of New Jersey maintain service. Rail service will operate on a Presidents'' Day holiday schedule with some enhancements. Weekday service on the Atlantic City Rail Line (ACRL), will continue to operate on a regular weekday schedule.
Due to the rapidly changing nature of the COVID-19 response, customers are strongly encouraged to sign up for My Transit alerts and activate push notifications on the mobile app to receive the latest status of the system.
Customers should refer to the Presidents Day schedules in their printed timetables or in the PDF versions available online at njtransit.com. Please refer to the “Saturday/Sunday/Holiday” section in your schedule and look to the bottom of the shaded columns – anything operating on 2/17 refers to the Presidents Day schedule. These trains will operate in addition to all of the trains in the non-shaded columns.
In addition to the train service operating on President’s Day, NJ TRANSIT will include the following enhancements:
- Raritan Valley Line (RVL) service between Raritan and High Bridge.
- Between Dover and Hackettstown.
- Additional stops at Teterboro, Woodcliff Lake, Avenel, Garwood and North Elizabeth Stations
- Important Note: The Presidents Day schedule does NOT include service at Jersey Avenue Station
- Pascack Valley Line (PVL) rail service will be on a special schedule to accommodate added stops at Teterboro and Woodcliff Lake. Please visit njtransit.com or Trip Planner for more details.
- Additional early morning trains on the Northeast Corridor (NEC) and the North Jersey Coast Line (NJCL).
- Montclair-Boonton Line service west of Bay Street and Gladstone Branch rail service will both operate
NJ TRANSIT’s RESPONSE TO COVID-19
NJ TRANSIT has a dedicated web pageoffering a centralized location to highlight the many initiatives the agency has undertaken to protect customers and employees against COVID-19. The web page, njtransit.com/COVID19, is available on both desktop and through the mobile app.
- Before starting your trip, visit njtransit.com for up-to-the-minute service information.
- Customers areencouraged to download or update the NJ TRANSIT mobile app to set up and receive customized service alert information via push notifications. Visit the You Tube video for easy instructions on setting up custom push notifications.
- Stay connected to NJ TRANSIT social media during your commute. Search for rail, bus or light rail-specific Twitter accounts for the best information:
- Twitter: @NJTRANSIT
- @NJTRANSIT_NBUS (North Jersey Bus)
- @NJTRANSIT_SBUS (South Jersey Bus)
- Facebook: facebook.com/NJTRANSIT
- YouTube Channel: TheNewJerseyTransit
Sign up for the My Transit alert system, which delivers travel advisories for your specific trip to your cell phonevia email or text.
Allow extra time getting to and from your destination.
Listen closely to public address announcements at stations for late-breaking service information.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5PM daily.