If you're looking to travel somewhere nice and warm this winter and are departing from Newark Liberty International Airport (NLIA), take NJ TRANSIT rail service to NLIA Station and avoid the hassles of traffic and parking. Our Northeast Corridor (NEC) and North Jersey Coast Line (NJCL) trains provide connecting service to the airport's AirTrain system. Other rail lines can get you there via transit hubs at Secaucus Junction, Newark Penn Station and Trenton Transit Center.
Before you catch your flight, here are a few travel tips when using our service to and from Newark Liberty International Airport:
- Check train schedules, fares and other helpful information with our Trip Planner at www.njtransit.com.
- Buy your rail ticket to/from the airport from a Ticket Vending Machine, a ticket agent or via MyTix on your mobile device before boarding your train; purchase roundtrip tickets to avoid lines on your return trip.
- When taking an NEC or NJCL train to the airport station, make sure a plane symbol is displayed on the departure board or ask a crewmember -not all trains stop at the airport.
- Show your rail ticket to the conductor and hold on to it. You will need the ticket to pass through the faregates at the airport station.
- Please allow at least 15 minutes travel time for the connecting AirTrain ride between the airport station and your designated airport terminal.
Finally, please note that the Port Authority's access fee to board the AirTrain increased, effective November 1, 2019. The fee is included in your NJ TRANSIT ticket purchase and passed on to the Port Authority.
Thank you for riding and enjoy your trip!