When the World Stopped, Access Link Kept Moving
For more than 27 years, the Access Link team has been focused on offering customers with disabilities safe and reliable transportation options. Through the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic, this focus has continued and led to key adjustments and enhancements in the interest of Access Link applicants, customers and personnel.
To help customers and employees “SLOW THE SPREAD” and “FLATTEN THE CURVE,” numerous measures have been put in place, including:
- Online and telephone reservations and options to apply for paratransit eligibility
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization of vehicles and facilities
- Driver use of masks and gloves
- Requiring face coverings while traveling
- Reducing vehicle capacity by 50 percent in adherence with distancing mandates
- Contactless fares with encouragement to use EZ-Wallet
- Testing of plexiglass partitions for sedans and mini-buses
- Service updates online, via phone and on Twitter
- Encouragement to travel for essential trips only
- A remote workforce equipped and ready to handle all customer concerns
Additionally, new initiatives are being explored to enhance customer options for making, cancelling or monitoring ride reservations. Access Link is appreciative of all the cooperation by customers through the pandemic, and we thank everyone for continuing to do their part.