NJ TRANSIT Implemented Emergency Stabilization Bus Service for Impacted A&C Customers – Effective Saturday, October 28, 2023
Effective Saturday, October 28, NJ TRANSIT is providing an emergency stabilization bus service plan to support customers impacted by the discontinued A&C Bus Route Nos. 30, 31, 32, and 33. The plan ensures these customers continue to have uninterrupted access to the bus service they depend on every day. NJ TRANSIT will maintain the same route patterns and span, although some minor schedule adjustments may occur.
See below for detailed information about the new NJ TRANSIT implemented bus service options:
A&C Route 30 is now replaced by the extended current NJ TRANSIT Route 80 – Greenville, Journal Square, Exchange Place.
- Increased service along West Side Avenue from Danforth Avenue to Sip Avenue, and along Sip Avenue from West Side Avenue to Journal Square. Provides connections to Hudson Bergen Light Rail at West Side Avenue Station and PATH at Journal Square.
- Service beginning and ending at Society Hill will be operating as Route 80S with the following service span and frequency:
- Weekday 5:39AM to 9PM with service every 15-20 minutes AM and PM peak and every 30 minutes mid-day.
- Saturday 5:42AM to 8:29PM with service every 30-40 minutes all day.
- Sunday 6:15AM to 8:19PM with service every 60 minutes all day.
A&C Route 31 is now replaced by the new NJ TRANSIT Route 9 – Montgomery Street, West Side Avenue.
- Connects the Montgomery Street corridor from West Side Avenue to Jersey Avenue, and the West Side Avenue Corridor from Danforth Avenue to Montgomery Street with the Hudson Bergen Light Rail at West Side Avenue Station, and PATH at Grove Street with Newport Mall and downtown Jersey City. Serves Society Hill as well. Provides only crosstown bus connection between Journal Square and Communipaw Avenue.
- Weekday 6:30AM to 8PM with service every 60 minutes all day.
- Saturday 10AM to 7:45PM with service every 60 minutes all day.
- Sunday 10AM to 7:50PM with service every 60 minutes all day.
A&C Route 32 is now replaced by the new NJ TRANSIT Route 14 – Duncan, Mallory, NJ Rt-440.
- Connects Journal Square with Society Hill via Sip Avenue, Duncan Avenue, portions of West Side Avenue, and Mallory Avenue. Provides only service across NJ Rt-440 to Hudson Mall and Stadium Plaza shopping center. Connects with Hudson Bergen Light Rail at West Side Avenue Station and PATH at Journal Square.
- Weekday 7:10AM to 8:33PM with service every 40-45 minutes all day.
- Saturday 7:15AM to 8:28PM with service every 40 minutes all day.
- Sunday 7:15AM to 8:27PM with service every 40 minutes all day.
A&C Route 33 is now replaced by the new NJ TRANSIT Route 8 – Bergen Avenue.
- Serves Bergen Avenue from Journal Square to JFK Boulevard at Van Nostrand Avenue, Old Bergen Road from JFK Boulevard at McAdoo Avenue to Neptune Avenue, and Garfield Avenue from Neptune Avenue to the Bayonne City Line at 54th Street. Connects to PATH at Journal Square.
- Weekday 5:15AM to 8:45PM with service every 15 minutes during the AM and PM peak and in the mid-day.
- Saturday 5:15AM to 8:42PM with service every 30 minutes all day.
- Sunday 5:15AM to 8:41PM with service every 30 minutes all day.
Note: Printed and electronic timetables, Trip Planner, and ticket vending machines will be updated to reflect the new bus routes.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5PM daily.