NJ TRANSIT Implemented Emergency Stabilization Bus Service for Impacted Coach O.N.E. Customers – Effective Monday, October 9, 2023
Effective Monday, October 9, NJ TRANSIT is providing an emergency stabilization bus service plan to support customers impacted by the discontinued O.N.E. (a subsidiary of Coach USA) Bus Route Nos. 24, 31, and 44. The plan ensures that these customers continue to have uninterrupted access to the bus service they depend on every day. NJ TRANSIT will maintain the same route patterns and span, although some minor schedule adjustments may occur.
See below for detailed information about the new NJ TRANSIT implemented bus service options:
Coach O.N.E. Route 24 is now replaced by the new NJ TRANSIT Route 24.
- Serves the Central Avenue Corridor in Orange, East Orange, Newark, and the Frelinghuysen Avenue/Newark Avenue Corridor in Newark and Elizabeth. Also serves East Jersey Street and Elizabeth Avenue in Elizabeth as well as The Mills at Jersey Gardens. Provides service to downtown Newark, Orange, and Elizabeth, and connections to NJ TRANSIT rail stations at Elizabeth, Orange, and Brick Church.
- Weekday 5AM to 2:14AM with service every 20 minutes, AM and PM peak, and mid-day and every 30 minutes in the evening and late night.
- Saturday 5AM to 1:35AM with service every 20 minutes mid-day, every 30 minutes early AM, evening, and late night.
- Sunday 5:15AM to 1:21AM with service every 30 minutes all day.
Coach O.N.E. Route 31 is now replaced by the new NJ TRANSIT Route 31.
- Serves the South Orange Avenue Corridor from downtown South Orange, at the rail station, to Springfield Avenue in Newark, and continues to Newark Penn Station, via Market Street, providing multi-modal connections.
- Weekday 5AM to 1:53AM with hourly service from South Orange and every 20 minutes AM and PM peak from South Orange Avenue/Dover Street Loop, and every 30 minutes off-peak, evening, and late night.
- Saturday 5AM to 1:22AM with hourly service from South Orange and every 30 minutes from Dover Street Loop.
- Sunday 5AM to 1:31AM with service every 45 minutes in the mid-day from South Orange, and every 60 minutes early morning, evening, and late night. All service operates from South Orange to Newark Penn Station on Sunday.
Coach O.N.E. Route 44 is now replaced by the new NJ TRANSIT Route 44.
- Connects Newark Penn Station with downtown Orange at the Orange Rail Station for multi-modal connectivity. Provides service to the East Orange VA Medical Center. Serves Tremont Avenue, Rhode Island Avenue, Freeman Avenue, and Central Avenue in Orange, East Orange, and Newark.
- Weekday 5AM to 12:28AM with hourly service all day.
- Saturday 6AM to 12:27AM with hourly service all day.
- Sunday 6:30AM to 12:52AM with service every 80 minutes all day.
Note: Printed and electronic timetables, Trip Planner, and ticket vending machines will be updated to reflect the new bus routes.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5PM daily.