NJ TRANSIT Introduces New “FlexPass” Ticket Option – Effective Monday, February 8, 2021
Pilot program helps meet the changing travel needs of NJ TRANSIT customers
NJ TRANSIT has introduced a pilot ticketing option called FLEXPASS, which allows for more flexible travel options that better accommodate our customers’ evolving
FLEXPASS will consist of 20 one-way tickets between one customer-selected origin and one destination and will be sold at a 20% discount off the one-way fare. FLEXPASS tickets will be available for purchase on bus, rail and light rail, and will only be offered for purchase via the NJ TRANSIT Mobile App during the pilot.
A FLEXPASS can be purchased at any time of the month and FLEXPASS sales are non-refundable. Customers may only buy and own one FLEXPASS per mode at a time.
- Customers may only purchase another FLEXPASS when all 20 tickets associated with their current FLEXPASS have been used.
- All tickets associated with a FLEXPASS expire 30 calendar days
,from when the FLEXPASS is purchased. Expiration of FLEXPASS tickets may not be paused or frozen.
- Tickets associated with a FLEXPASS will look exactly like a current one-way ticket and will not have any marks indicating it is associated with a FLEXPASS.
- If a customer activates one of their 20 FLEXPASS tickets by mistake, they should contact customer service as soon as possible.
- A rail FLEXPASS does not provide complimentary bus or light rail trips like a Monthly or Weekly Pass.
- Upon purchasing a FLEXPASS in the NJ TRANSIT Mobile App, 20 one-way tickets will be deposited into a customer’s MyTix account and can be activated for use like any standard one-way ticket.
- Tickets with expiration dates will show up in the “My Tickets” area of the app. Each ticket will show up individually, with the associated expiration date
,in the “Active/Non-Active” section, while the total number of tickets (along with expiration dates) will appear under the “All Tickets” section. Users will have numerous ways to see their expiration dates and select the proper ticket prior to activation.
- Access to FLEXPASS requires customers to update to latest version of the mobile app (both iOS and Android).
- Access to FLEXPASS requires a MyTix account.
Customers are encouraged to continuously monitor Travel Alerts & Advisories for the latest service information. For further details and updated travel information, sign up for My Transit Alerts, download the NJ TRANSIT app and follow us on Social Media.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5PM daily.