Corporate Partner / Get A Job. Get A Ride
Get A Job. Get A Ride / Corporate Partner (Available to BusinessPass participants only)
The Get A Job. Get A Ride / Corporate Partner program gives the business community the opportunity to join with NJ TRANSIT to help unemployed residents return to the workforce. Corporate Partners provide qualifying new employees with a free one-month NJ TRANSIT bus, rail or light rail pass for commuting to and from work. The free passes are good for unlimited trips throughout the calendar month and help fill the financial gap between first pay periods. The program demonstrates to the new employees how easy it is to travel to work with NJ TRANSIT and teaches them commuting skills that they can use throughout their lives. Best of all, for employers who participate in the NJ TRANSIT BusinessPass program, there is no cost for offering this program. It's free!
Becoming a Corporate Partner
To become a Corporate Partner, employers must:
- Participate in the NJ TRANSIT BusinessPass program.
- Agree to hire people who would otherwise continue to be unemployed.
- Complete the Corporate Partner enrollment form and return it to NJ TRANSIT.
Who is eligible for the Corporate Partner / Get A Job. Get A Ride Program?
The program is open to all new employees who meet the following criteria:
- Can commute on a NJ TRANSIT bus, train, or light rail system
- Starting salary must be equivalent to $ 10.00 per hour or less
- Must be 18 years of age or older and not a full-time student
- Must work at least 20 hours or more per week
- Must have been unemployed at least 30 days before taking new position
- Not currently receiving public assistance from a WFNJ agency
- Must be a resident of New Jersey
Enroll as a Corporate Partner
Qualifying employers must complete the one-time enrollment form and send it to NJ TRANSIT Sales & Employer Services. After applications are approved, each time a new employee is hired and meets the program criteria, employers simply complete the employee application form and send to NJ TRANSIT Sales & Employer Services. If several employees are being hired at the same time, the Corporate Partner New Employee Summary form must be completed and sent with the individual applications for each new employee.
New employee applications must be submitted before the 15th of the month to receive the following month's passes. Passes are mailed directly to the employer prior to the end of the month for distribution to the new employees. The mailing will contain envelopes addressed to each new employee. In each envelope will be a monthly pass and transit related information for their commuting needs. If a new employee leaves his/her job before receiving their monthly pass, employers will be responsible for returning the unused pass.