NJ TRANSIT Rail Service: New Rail Schedules – Effective Sunday, November 12, 2023
On Sunday, November 12, new NJ TRANSIT Rail schedules will take effect on all lines. While there will be minor time changes to numerous trains on most lines, please note the following:
Morris & Essex Lines - Weekends
- Train 6908 – which currently departs Dover at 5:05AM and Denville at 5:12AM – will now depart Dover at 5:04AM and Denville at 5:11AM. It will also add a Mount Tabor stop at 5:13AM. The remainder of this train’s schedule is unchanged.
Montclair-Boonton Line – Weekdays
- Train 204 – the 6:30AM departure from Montclair State University – will no longer stop at Mountain Avenue and will make stops from Upper Montclair to Hoboken 1-2 minutes earlier.
- Train 1070 – the 5:05AM departure from Hackettstown – will now depart Montclair State University at 6:21AM and add the Mountain Avenue stop at 6:25AM (11 minutes earlier than the current Mountain Avenue stop on Train 204).
Northeast Corridor/North Jersey Coast Line – Weekdays
- Train 3702 will be renumbered as Train 3102 and will no longer serve Jersey Avenue. It will depart New Brunswick at 5:27AM (same as at present) and will maintain its current schedule to New York.
- Train 3704, which currently departs Jersey Avenue at 5:50AM, will now depart Jersey Avenue at 5:41AM and make stops nine minutes earlier.
- Train 3812, which currently departs Trenton at 5:21AM, will now depart Trenton at 5:27AM, make all station stops through North Elizabeth 3-6 minutes earlier, and no longer stop at Newark Airport. Times at Newark Penn Station and New York are unchanged.
- Train 3503, which currently departs New York at 5:47AM, will now depart New York at 5:37AM, drop its Newark Airport stop and make remaining stops 10-15 minutes earlier.
- Train 3265 – the 5:20PM departure from New York – will no longer stop at Avenel.
- Train 3267 – the 5:36PM departure from New York – will add an Avenel stop.
- Train 3727 – the 5:39PM departure from New York – will now depart New York at 5:43PM, make all stops 3-4 minutes later, and be renumbered 3169.
- Train 3733 – the 7:20PM departure from New York – will be renumbered as Train 3879 and will add stops at Princeton Junction, Hamilton and Trenton.
- Train 3881 – the 7:43PM departure from New York – will be renumbered as Train 3735 and will no longer stop at Princeton Junction, Hamilton and Trenton. Jersey Avenue will now be this train’s final stop.
- Train 3965 – the 7:49PM departure from New York – will now depart New York two minutes earlier, at 7:47PM, and add a Secaucus stop. Times at the remaining stops will not change.
- Stops at Newark Airport have been adjusted. Please check timetables/schedules for details.
Northeast Corridor/North Jersey Coast Line – Weekends
- Train 7245 – the 1:07PM departure from New York – will add a stop at North Elizabeth.
- Train 7845 – the 1:14PM departure from New York – will no longer stop at North Elizabeth.
Raritan Valley Line - Weekdays
- Train 5714 – which currently departs High Bridge at 6:12AM – will now depart High Bridge at 6:11AM and add a stop at Bridgewater. Its times from Plainfield through Newark Penn Station will not change.
- Train 5416 – the 6:50AM departure from Raritan – will no longer stop at Bridgewater and will make all stops from Bound Brook to Newark Penn Station two minutes earlier.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5PM daily.