OH, WHAT FUN IT IS TO RIDE WITH SAVINGS ON NJ TRANSIT!
Great Deals On NJ TRANSIT Travel For The Holiday Season
November 28, 2023
NEWARK, NJ – Whether it’s over the river or through the woods, leave the transportation to NJ TRANSIT this holiday season! Bring along family and friends for great deals and discounts. This holiday season sees the return of the popular “Bring a Friend” and “City Pass” promotions, and NJ TRANSIT will also be offering its family SuperSaver throughout the entire month of December, allowing up to two children 11 and younger to travel free with each fare-paying adult. Full details on all promotions and holiday travel destinations are available at njtransit.com/holiday.
Bring a Friend for the Holidays – Buy One, Gift One!
NJ TRANSIT customers can use a unique holiday promo code when traveling round-trip using the NJ TRANSIT Mobile App® to “Buy One, Gift One…Free!”. Customers should simply select four one-way tickets between their origin and destination and enter the unique promo code at checkout. All four one-way tickets must be activated on the same day and are not valid for travel to/from Newark Liberty International Airport, or on Metro North and SEPTA services. Only one code can be used per customer during the promotion, through January 1st. See njtransit.com/holiday for all the details and to get the promo codes.
Take in the Holidays in the City!
NJ TRANSIT customers can also use promo codes to receive 40% discounted round-trip rides when buying tickets to Philadelphia and Atlantic City using the NJ TRANSIT Mobile App! Unique codes allow customers to purchase and activate up to four one-way tickets for travel to and from each destination. All four one-way tickets must be activated on the same day. Each code can only be redeemed once per customer during the promotion through January 1st, so be sure to make the most of your trip! The promotion is not valid for travel on SEPTA. For all the details and to obtain the promotional codes go to njtransit.com/holiday.
Bring the Kids Free!
NJ TRANSIT’s Family SuperSaver, which allows up to two children 11 and younger to travel free with each fare-paying adult, will be in effect beginning today through 2 a.m. Tuesday, January 2nd. Parents who purchase tickets do not need tickets for qualifying children traveling using NJ TRANSIT’s Family SuperSaver promotion!
Important note: All tickets purchased using promotional codes are non-transferable, non-refundable, and available only through the NJ TRANSIT Mobile App® and will expire at 2 a.m. Tuesday, January 2nd. All offers are valid while supplies last.
Customers can take advantage of these great deals by entering the appropriate promotional codes during the eligible dates when purchasing tickets using the NJ TRANSIT Mobile App, which currently holds a 4.8 rating on the Apple App Store, with over 199,000 reviews.
Holiday Travel Tips:
- Check Schedules in Advance: Plan accordingly. Customers should familiarize themselves with NJ TRANSIT schedules and fares before starting their trip. To see the schedules and fare information, visit www.njtransit.com.
- Ticketing: Purchase round-trip tickets in advance to speed up your travel. Use the NJ TRANSIT Mobile App®, Web Ticketing, ticket vending machines, or see a ticket agent, if available, to avoid possible surcharges.
- NJ TRANSIT Mobile App: Use NJ TRANSIT’s mobile app for a seamless experience purchasing tickets and the only way to take advantage of our fantastic holiday deals.
- Web Tickets: NJ TRANSIT now offers web ticketing, a new ticket buying option for visitors and infrequent travelers to conveniently purchase and print NJ TRANSIT train tickets from home. Visit njtransit.com/webtickets for details.
- Luggage: Travel as light as possible. Passengers with luggage or packages should use the overhead racks or designated luggage spaces. On multilevel trains, customers with large bags should use the mezzanine levels at the ends of each car. Purchase round-trip tickets in advance to avoid potentially long lines.
- Service Advisories: Customers should download the latest version of the NJ TRANSIT mobile app and customize service alert notifications available via push notifications.
- Social Media: Stay connected to NJ TRANSIT social media during your commute. Search for rail, bus, or light rail-specific accounts on X (formerly Twitter) for the most up-to-date information
- @NJTRANSIT_NBUS (North Jersey Bus)
- @NJTRANSIT_SBUS (South Jersey Bus)
- @NJTRANSIT_AL (Access Link)
- Facebook: facebook.com/NJTRANSIT
- YouTube Channel: TheNewJerseyTransit
About NJ TRANSIT
NJ TRANSIT is the nation's largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 925,000 weekday trips on 263 bus routes, three light rail lines, 12 commuter rail lines and through Access Link paratransit service. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 166 rail stations, 62 light rail stations and more than 19,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.