NJ TRANSIT WELCOMES BACK FOOTBALL FANS AT METLIFE STADIUM
Football Season Rail Service Kicks Off August 14th With Jets vs. Giants Pre-Season Game
August 11, 2021
NEWARK, NJ – Football fans headed to MetLife Stadium this season can beat the traffic and skip parking with NJ TRANSIT rail service. Beginning this Saturday, August 14th with the Jets vs. Giants pre-season kickoff and continuing through the regular season, NJ TRANSIT will be offering Meadowlands train service to and from Secaucus Junction for each and every Jets or Giants home game.
Customers can take any NJ TRANSIT train that stops in Secaucus Junction, and then simply transfer to the direct NJ TRANSIT train to the Meadowlands Rail Station, located just steps from the stadium entrance.
For a hassle-free trip, customers should download the NJ TRANSIT Mobile App for real time departures and schedule information. For the most convenient experience, customers should also plan their trip in advance and buy electronic tickets in the app to display on their mobile devices. Mobile electronic tickets include a barcode to scan for access through the fare gates at Secaucus Junction, which is needed as customers transfer to stadium trains. When purchasing tickets, either on the mobile app or at TVMs, customers should select “Meadowlands” as the destination for events at MetLife Stadium. To save time on the return trip, customers should purchase round trip tickets.
Other pre-season football games to be held at MetLife Stadium in August include:
- Jets vs. Eagles – August 27th
- Giants vs. Patriots – August 29th
The NFL regular season at MetLife Stadium begins September 12th with the Giants hosting the Denver Broncos.
In addition to the Giants and Jets home games at MetLife Stadium, NJ TRANSIT will be providing train service for the August 22nd HOT 97 Summer Jam and other events as announced.
For a complete schedule of NJ TRANSIT Meadowlands Rail service for the August 14th Jets vs. Giants pre-season game, please click HERE.
- Purchase round-trip tickets in advance to avoid potentially long lines.
- Use the MyTix feature on NJ TRANSIT’s mobile app for a seamless experience.
- Plan accordingly. Customers should familiarize themselves with NJ TRANSIT schedules and fares before starting their trip. To see the schedules and fare information, visit www.njtransit.com.
- Customers should download the latest version of the NJ TRANSIT mobile app and customize service alert notifications available via push notifications.
- Stay connected to NJ TRANSIT social media during your commute. Search for rail, bus or light rail-specific Twitter accounts for the best information
- Twitter: @NJTRANSIT
- @NJTRANSIT_NBUS (North Jersey Bus)
- @NJTRANSIT_SBUS (South Jersey Bus)
- @NJTRANSIT_AL (Access Link)
- Facebook: facebook.com/NJTRANSIT
- YouTube Channel: TheNewJerseyTransit
About NJ TRANSIT
NJ TRANSIT is the nation's largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 925,000 weekday trips on 253 bus routes, three light rail lines, 12 commuter rail lines and through Access Link paratransit service. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 166 rail stations, 62 light rail stations and more than 19,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.