NJ TRANSIT OFFERS RAIL SERVICE TO AVENTURA CONCERT AT METLIFE STADIUM OCTOBER 9
October 6, 2021
NEWARK, NJ – Fans planning to attend the Aventura concert at MetLife Stadium on October 9, can get there safely and securely by using NJ TRANSIT’s special Meadowlands rail shuttle and bus service.
Important note: The closer you are to the front of the line following the concert, the shorter the wait time is for a train to Secaucus. Depending on the number of customers traveling by rail, and where you are on the line to board, some customers may be subject to extended wait times to board trains from MetLife Stadium to Secaucus. In advance of the concerts, customers are strongly advised to check the departure times of final train connections from Secaucus. A list of final departures from Secaucus by rail line, including service to New York, is available below for your convenience.
Rail Service to MetLife Stadium
Penn Station New York to MetLife Stadium: There is no direct train service from Penn Station New York to MetLife Stadium. Customers may take any NJ TRANSIT train that stops at Secaucus Junction and then transfer to Meadowlands-bound trains. Departure boards at Penn Station New York will display SEC on trains that stop at Secaucus.
Secaucus Junction to MetLife Stadium: Rail service will depart Secaucus Junction for MetLife Stadium beginning at 5:31 p.m. From 5:56 p.m. until 8:37 p.m., trains will depart Secaucus every 10-17 minutes. The final Meadowlands-bound train will depart Secaucus at 9:24 p.m.
Hoboken to MetLife Stadium: There are no direct trains from Hoboken to MetLife Stadium. Customers can take any Main, Bergen County, Pascack Valley or Port Jervis Line train to Secaucus and transfer to Meadowlands-bound trains.
Rail service from MetLife Stadium
MetLife Stadium to Penn Station New York: There is no direct train service from MetLife Stadium to Penn Station New York. Customers must take trains to Secaucus Junction and then transfer to any NJ TRANSIT train traveling toward New York.
MetLife Stadium to Secaucus Junction: Trains will operate once per hour from 6:42 p.m. until 10:48 p.m. Following the event, trains will operate approximately every 12 minutes on a load-and-go basis until the crowds dissipate The last train will not depart MetLife Stadium before 1 a.m. Service from the stadium will operate later if customer travel warrants. However, NJ TRANSIT may not be able to hold connections for last trains at Secaucus, especially those operating outbound (e.g. to Trenton or Dover), due to limits on the amount of time train crews can work. Customers traveling to locations other than New York should depart the Stadium by 12:30 AM to ensure they make their connections at Secaucus.
The final scheduled trains departing Secaucus:
- TO New York is at 2:33 a.m.
- NEC to Trenton is at 1:31 a.m.
- NJCL to Long Branch and Bay Head is at 1:09 a.m. (Change at Long Branch for connecting service to Bay Head)
- RVL customers use the 1:09 a.m. NJCL departure to connect at Newark Penn for a Raritan-bound train departing at 1:28 a.m.
- M&E to Dover at 1:28 a.m. (This train connects at Newark Broad Street to a Montclair-Boonton Line train bound for Bay Street and at Summit to a Gladstone Branch train)
- Bergen County Line to Port Jervis at 12:50 a.m.
- Pascack Valley Line to Spring Valley at 12:55 a.m.
- Main Line to Suffern at 1:42 a.m.
Customers are strongly urged to plan ahead and carefully check rail schedules for service from Secaucus to Penn Station New York and Hoboken Terminal after the event. Following the event, there will be limited direct service to Hoboken. Note that NJ TRANSIT may not be able to hold connections for last trains at Secaucus, especially those operating outbound, due to limits on the amount of time train crews can work.
Note: Customers traveling on NJ TRANSIT trains to the Meadowlands Sports Complex should purchase their round-trip tickets from their originating station TO MEADOWLANDS STATION to avoid delays boarding trains. Tickets purchased on the train will include a $5 surcharge for each ticket.
Customers connecting with trains at Secaucus should check the train schedules and allow for additional time in order to make those connections.
- Purchase round-trip tickets in advance to avoid potentially long lines.
- Use the MyTix feature on NJ TRANSIT’s mobile app for a seamless experience.
- Plan accordingly. Customers should familiarize themselves with NJ TRANSIT schedules and fares prior to starting their trip. To see the schedules and fare information, visit www.njtransit.com.
- Customers should download the latest version of the NJ TRANSIT mobile app and customize service alert notifications available via push notifications.
- A clear bag policy is in effect for the concert. For more information on the bag policy and permitted/prohibited items, visit www.metlifestadium.com.
About NJ TRANSIT
NJ TRANSIT is the nation's largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 925,000 weekday trips on 253 bus routes, three light rail lines, 12 commuter rail lines and through Access Link paratransit service. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 166 rail stations, 62 light rail stations and more than 19,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.
This document and others are available for translation on njtransit.com.