NJ TRANSIT TO CONDUCT MAJOR INFRASTRUCTURE WORK ON NORTH JERSEY COAST LINE THIS WEEKEND
Special Rail Schedule for NJCL Includes Substitute Busing on Saturday, November 4th and Sunday, November 5th; Significant Delays Of Up To 60 Minutes Expected
November 2, 2023
NEWARK, NJ – NJ TRANSIT continues advancing the construction of the new Raritan River Drawbridge, with major infrastructure work on the North Jersey Coast Line (NJCL) this weekend. Beginning Saturday, November 4 at 4:00 a.m. until Monday, November 6 at 3:30 a.m., a special rail schedule will be in effect for the NJCL which includes a suspension of rail service between Aberdeen-Matawan and Rahway stations. Substitute busing will be in place. Customers are advised to allow for additional travel time as up to 60 minute delays are anticipated.
Full details are available HERE.
NJCL special schedules for this weekend are available HERE.
Trains serving the North Jersey Coast Line will operate between Bay Head and Aberdeen-Matawan and between New York and Rahway/Metropark. Buses will connect with or replace rail service at Rahway, Metropark, Avenel, Woodbridge, Perth Amboy, South Amboy, and Aberdeen-Matawan stations. Please see specific information for your station below:
At stations from Bay Head through Aberdeen-Matawan:
- Eastbound trains (toward New York) will operate earlier than usual. Detrain at Matawan to connect with substitute buses to Metropark, where rail service will be available.
- Westbound trains (from New York) will operate once per hour from Penn Station New York. Customers will detrain at Metropark for substitute bus service and board trains at Matawan to continue their trip.
- For customers traveling to/from South Amboy, Perth Amboy, Woodbridge or Avenel, use the local bus making all stops between Matawan and Rahway.
- Please check special printer-friendly schedules for exact times at your station.
At South Amboy:
- Substitute buses will operate between South Amboy and Metropark for those traveling to/from any station between Rahway and New York.
- For customers traveling to/from Matawan, Perth Amboy, Woodbridge or Avenel, use the local bus making all stops between Matawan and Rahway.
At Perth Amboy:
- Substitute buses will operate between Perth Amboy and Metropark for those traveling to/from any station between Rahway and New York.
- For customers traveling to/from Matawan, South Amboy, Woodbridge or Avenel, use the local bus making all stops between Matawan and Rahway.
At Woodbridge and Avenel:
- Buses will operate to/from Metropark for those traveling to/from any station between Rahway and New York.
- For customers traveling to/from Matawan, South Amboy or Perth Amboy, use the local bus making all stops between Matawan and Rahway.
Between Rahway and New York:
- Certain NJCL trains will be cancelled.
- North Elizabeth customers should check special printable schedules for exact stop times.
We appreciate your patience during this important project. Customers are encouraged to monitor Travel Alerts & Advisories, sign up for My Transit Alerts, download the NJ TRANSIT app and follow us on Social Media for the latest service information.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.
About NJ TRANSIT
NJ TRANSIT is the nation's largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 925,000 weekday trips on 263 bus routes, three light rail lines, 12 commuter rail lines and through Access Link paratransit service. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 166 rail stations, 62 light rail stations and more than 19,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.