Plainfield Station Eastbound Elevator General Information
In the event the Eastbound-Platform Elevator at Plainfield Station is temporarily out of service, customers desiring accessible services may consider the following travel options.
- The closest accessible stations on the Raritan Valley Line are Westfield and Somerville.
- Traveling TO Plainfield Station from points west (e.g., High Bridge/Raritan): Remain on the train to Westfield Station and then transfer to an outbound (westbound) train to Plainfield Station.
- Traveling FROM Plainfield Station to points east (e.g., Newark/New York): Take an outbound (westbound) train to Somerville Station and then transfer to an inbound (eastbound) train to your destination.
- View the Accessible Services page for further details on accessible-travel options.
- Train Schedules can be viewed HERE.
- NJ TRANSIT buses provide service near most Rail stations.
Note: Other elevators could potentially be out of service during this time. Please check Travel Alerts & Advisories for station information before starting your trip.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5PM daily.