Westbound Elevator (Tracks 1 & 3)
Newark Broad Street Rail Station Westbound Elevator General Information
In the event the Westbound-Platform Elevator at Newark Broad Street Station is temporarily out of service, customers desiring accessible services may consider the following travel options.
- The closest accessible stations on the Morris & Essex/Montclair-Boonton lines are Secaucus Junction and East Orange Station.
- Traveling FROM Newark Broad Street Station to points west (e.g., Summit/Dover): Board an eastbound train to Secaucus Junction and then transfer to a westbound train to your destination
- Traveling TO Newark Broad Street Station from points east (e.g., New York): Remain on the train to East Orange Station, and then transfer to an eastbound train to Newark Broad Street Station.
- View the Accessible Services page for further details on accessible-travel options.
- Train Schedules can be viewed HERE.
- NJ TRANSIT buses provide service near most Rail stations.
Note: Other elevators could potentially be out of service during this time. Please check Travel Alerts & Advisories for station information before starting your trip.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5PM daily.