Eastbound Elevator - Main Elevator
Newark Broad Street Rail Station Eastbound Elevator General Information
In the event the Eastbound-Platform Elevator at Newark Broad Street Station is temporarily out of service, customers desiring accessible services may consider the following travel options.
The closest accessible stations on the Morris & Essex/Montclair-Boonton lines are Secaucus Junction and East Orange Station.
Alternate travel to/from Newark Broad Street Station:
- Traveling FROM Newark Broad Street Station to Secaucus Junction/New York: Take Newark Light Rail from Broad Street Station to Newark Penn Station, then board a NJ TRANSIT train to Secaucus Junction/Penn Station New York.
- Traveling FROM Newark Broad Street Station to Hoboken: Take Newark Light Rail from Broad Street Station to Newark Penn Station, then board a NJ TRANSIT train to Secaucus Junction. Switch at Secaucus for rail service to Hoboken.
- Traveling TO Newark Broad Street Station from points west (e.g., Summit/Dover):
- Take the train to Secaucus Junction, then take a westbound Morris & Essex/Montclair-Boonton Line train back to Newark Broad Street Station.
- NOTE: Limited service between Broad Street and Secaucus Junction is available during rush hour for eastbound trains in the morning and westbound trains in the afternoon/evening.
- Access to Newark Broad Street is also available by transferring to a Northeast Corridor or North Jersey Coast Line train to Newark Penn Station then taking the Newark Light Rail to Broad Street on the lower level.
- View the Accessible Services page for further details on accessible-travel options.
- Train Schedules can be viewed HERE.
- NJ TRANSIT buses provide service near most Rail stations.
Note: Other elevators could potentially be out of service during this time. Please check Travel Alerts & Advisories for station information before starting your trip.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5PM daily.