Eastbound Elevator - Main Elevator
Newark Broad Street Rail Station Eastbound Elevator General Information
In the event the Eastbound-Platform Elevator at Newark Broad Street Station is temporarily out of service, customers desiring accessible services may consider the following travel options.
- The closest accessible stations on the Morris & Essex/Montclair-Boonton lines are Secaucus Junction and East Orange Station.
- Traveling FROM Newark Broad Street Station to points east (e.g., New York): Take Newark Light Rail from Broad Street Station to Newark Penn Station, board a train to Secaucus Junction, and then board a train to your destination. Secaucus is served by outbound trains on the Montclair-Boonton and Morris & Essex lines as well as trains to New York and Hoboken.
- Traveling TO Newark Broad Street Station from points west (e.g., Summit/Dover): Take the train to Secaucus Junction, transfer to Northeast Corridor or North Jersey Coast Line train to Newark Penn Station, and then take Newark Light Rail to Broad Street on the lower level.
- View the Accessible Services page for further details on accessible-travel options.
- Train Schedules can be viewed HERE.
- NJ TRANSIT buses provide service near most Rail stations.
Note: Other elevators could potentially be out of service during this time. Please check Travel Alerts & Advisories for station information before starting your trip.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5PM daily.