Princeton Junction & Hamilton Station: Temporary Boarding Changes Due to Track Work - Beginning Monday, January 18, 2021
Beginning on Monday, January 18 and continuing until approximately Thursday, March 11 boarding/alighting at Princeton Junction and Hamilton Station will be affected by track infrastructure improvements.
During this time, Track 4 will be out of service at both stations. Westbound (outbound) trains will board and alight on alternate tracks using special extended platforms. When this occurs, there may be slightly longer station stops and minor delays due to the precise position of trains with the extended platforms.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ADA CUSTOMERS
Customers using the westbound platforms will be required to use low-level platforms on select weekends (visit Travel Alerts & Advisories for specific updates). When this occurs, these stations will NOT be ADA accessible.
Customers requiring accessible services should consider utilizing nearby accessible stations such as New Brunswick or the Trenton Transit Center. Please note the following alternate travel options:
- Rail Options:
- Traveling FROM Hamilton toward Trenton: Take an eastbound train to New Brunswick Station and then transfer to a westbound train to Trenton.
- Traveling TO Hamilton from points east (e.g., Newark/New York): Remain on the train to Trenton Transit Center, and then transfer to an eastbound train to your destination.
- Bus Options: NJ TRANSIT Bus Route No. 608 also provides service near Hamilton Station during certain hours. Visit the Bus Point-to-Point page for further bus service information.
Princeton Junction (Rail Options):
- Traveling FROM Princeton Junction to points west (e.g., Trenton): Take an eastbound train to New Brunswick Station, then transfer to a westbound train to Trenton.
- Traveling TO Princeton Junction from points east (e.g., Newark/New York): Board a westbound train at Princeton Junction and then transfer at Trenton to an eastbound train to your destination.
Please allow for extra travel time, listen to station announcements and check destination sign before boarding. For your safety, do not travel through barricaded areas.
We appreciate your patience during this important enhancement work.
Visit Travel Alerts & Advisories for the latest updates for your specific line. For further details and updated travel information, sign up for My Transit Alerts, download the NJ TRANSIT app and follow us on Social Media.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5PM daily.