UPDATE: Elizabeth Station Enhancement Project - Effective Immediately Until Further Notice
UPDATE: Platform boarding locations have been slightly relocated due to ongoing renovation work. Customers are advised to follow posted signage and allow for extra time to board trains.
Effective immediately and continuing until further notice, major station enhancement and platform-extension work will continue at Elizabeth Station as follows:
- Ticket window sales have been temporarily moved outside of Elizabeth Station to a designated ticket trailer in the plaza area (previous location of taxi-stand area). See Station Map for further details. Relocated ticket windows will be remain open Monday to Friday, 6AM to 6PM and Saturday to Sunday, 6:30AM to 2:30PM.
- Two Ticket Vending Machines (TVMs) are available on each platform. Note: The TVM for Track 1 has been relocated further east on the platform.
- For your convenience, tickets may continue to be purchased on the NJ TRANSIT app.
- Staircases may be intermittently closed during construction.
- At this time, customer must use the staircase at E. Broad Street or the elevator to access inbound/toward New York trains (If you're traveling from Jersey Street with the elevator on your left, go past Jersey and E. Grand streets to the newly renovated staircase at E. Broad Street).
- Sections of both station platforms will be temporarily closed until further notice. As the project progresses, certain entrance/exit points at the station may be temporarily closed as well.
- Trains will remain accessible via open areas on the platforms, but customers may need to enter or exit the station at an alternate location.
Important note for customers requiring accessible services:
- Between 12:30AM and 5AM daily, Elizabeth Station will NOT be ADA accessible. During these hours, construction will require trains to arrive/depart at platform areas that use low-level boarding; train stairs and a temporary walkway will be required for customers to board/alight.
- Customers requiring accessible services must use nearby ADA accessible stations such as Newark Penn, Newark Airport and Rahway during these hours. Visit Accessible Services for a complete list of accessible rail stations, bus routes and other alternate travel options.
Please allow for extra travel time, and for your safety, obey posted signs, and do not travel through barricaded areas.
We thank you for your patience as we continue to expand and enhance Elizabeth Station.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5PM daily.