NJ TRANSIT RAIL SERVICE UPDATE FOR TUESDAY, AUGUST 9
Customers advised to check njtransit.com for latest service information
August 9, 2011
NEWARK, NJ — Following this morning’s minor derailment, crews will work overnight to clear the remaining equipment from the tracks. Because it is necessary to shut down the overhead catenary power in the affected area to accommodate the work, there will be no train service to and from New York Penn Station between approximately 12:45 a.m. and 3 a.m. (affecting six late night/overnight trains).
Customers are advised of the following:
The trains below will not operate from New York Penn Station tonight, instead beginning their trips from Newark Penn Station. Customers traveling from New York should connect to PATH trains and transfer at Newark (trains will be held for PATH connections):
- North Jersey Coast Line train 3205, which normally departs New York at 1:00 a.m.
- Northeast Corridor train 3805, which normally departs New York at 1:22 a.m. Note: Customers who normally connect to train 1101 in Secaucus should take PATH to Hoboken and connect to train 1101 there.
The trains below will end their trips at Newark Penn Station tonight, instead of New York Penn Station. Customers traveling to New York should connect to PATH trains at Newark:
- North Jersey Coast Line train 3292, the 11:32 p.m. Long Branch departure
- Northeast Corridor train 3892, the 11:48 p.m. Trenton departure
- North Jersey Coast Line train 3200, the 12:22 a.m. Long Branch departure
- Northeast Corridor train 3800, the 12:59 a.m. Trenton departure.
NJ TRANSIT rail tickets and passes will continue to be honored on NJ TRANSIT buses, private carrier buses and PATH trains at Newark, Hoboken and New York for the remainder of the day.
As of 8 p.m., service is operating as follows:
- Northeast Corridor and North Jersey Coast Line trains are subject to 30-45 minute delays in both directions.
- Midtown Direct trains will operate to and from Hoboken Terminal for the remainder of the service day. Customers can connect to PATH in Hoboken at no additional charge.
For the latest service information, visit njtransit.com.
# # #