NJ TRANSIT OFFERS EXTRA BUS SERVICE FOR PUERTO RICAN DAY PARADE
Beverages Prohibited All Weekend for Various Festivities
June 6, 2018
NEWARK, NJ - NJ TRANSIT will operate extra bus service to and from the Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT) on Sunday, June 10, to accommodate customers traveling to the Puerto Rican Day Parade in New York City.
NJ TRANSIT reminds customers that beverages of any kind will not be permitted on buses. In addition, no beverages of any kind will be permitted on board all trains and light rail cars from 5 p.m. on Friday, June 8, through midnight on Sunday, June 10th. This policy will be strictly enforced.
Extra trips to and from New York will be offered on the following bus routes for the Puerto Rican Day Parade:
No. 123 (Jersey City - Union City - New York)
- Inbound service from 9th Street HBLR Station to NY/PABT at 9:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
- Outbound service from NY/PABT to 9th Street HBLR Station at 4:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
No. 158 (Fort Lee - Edgewater - New York)
- Inbound service from Fort Lee (Mediterranean West) to NY/PABT at 9:45 a.m., 11:15 a.m. and 1:15 p.m.
- Outbound service from NY/PABT to Fort Lee (Mediterranean West) at 4:20 p.m., 5:20 p.m., 6:20 p.m., 7:20 p.m. and 8:20 p.m.
No. 159 (Fort Lee - New York)
- Inbound service from Fairview (Anderson & Park Aves.) to NY/PABT via Bergenline Avenue at 9:08 a.m., 10:08 a.m. and 11:08 a.m.
- Outbound service from NY/PABT to Fort Lee (Linwood Park) via Bergenline Avenue at 3:40 p.m., 4:40 p.m., 5:40 p.m. and 6:40 p.m.
No. 161 (Paterson - Passaic - New York)
- Inbound service from Paterson (Broadway Terminal) to NY/PABT at 10:25 a.m., 11:05 a.m. and 12:25 p.m.
No. 163 (Ridgewood - New York)
- Inbound local service from Hackensack (Summit Ave. and Essex St.) to NY/PABT operating via the Boulevard in Hasbrouck Heights/Wood-Ridge/Carlstadt/East Rutherford at 8:15 a.m., 8:35 a.m., 9:07 a.m., 9:43 a.m., 10:07 a.m., 10:47 a.m. and 11:23 a.m.
- Outbound local service from NY/PABT to Hackensack (Summit Ave. and Essex St.) operating local route through East Rutherford/Carlstadt/Wood Ridge and Hasbrouck Heights at 3:25 p.m., 4:25 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
No. 165 (Westwood - New York)
- Inbound local service from River Edge (Kinderkamack Rd. & Grand Ave.) to NY/PABT via Blvd. East at 8:01 a.m., 9:01 a.m., 9:56 a.m., 11:01 a.m., 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Outbound local service from NY/PABT to Oradell (Kinderkamack Rd. & New Milford Ave.) via Blvd. East at 4:15 p.m., 5:15 p.m., 6:15 p.m., 7:15 p.m., 8:15 p.m., 9:15 p.m. and 11:15 p.m.
No. 166 (Cresskill - Bergenfield - New York)
- Inbound local service from Englewood (Van Nostrand & Grand Aves.) to NY/PABT via Blvd. East at 7:43 a.m., 8:39 a.m., 9:39 a.m., 10:39 a.m., 11:39 a.m., 12:36 p.m. and 1:36 p.m.
- Outbound local service from NY/PABT to Bergenfield (Bergenfield Station) via Blvd. East at 4:45 p.m., 5:45 p.m., 6:45 p.m., 7:45 p.m., 8:45 p.m., 9:45 p.m., 10:15 p.m., 10:50 p.m. and 12:15 a.m.
No. 167 (Harrington Park -Teaneck - New York)
- Inbound service from Dumont (Madison & Washington Aves.) to NY/PABT via Teaneck Rd. & Glenpointe at 8:00 a.m., 9:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Outbound service from NY/PABT to Dumont (Chestnut Bend) via Teaneck Rd. & Glenpointe at 3:05 p.m., 4:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 7:10 p.m., 8:05 p.m. and 9:05 p.m.
No. 190 (Paterson - Secaucus - New York)
- Inbound local service from Paterson (Broadway Terminal) to NY/PABT via Secaucus at 6:55 a.m., 7:35 a.m., 8:15 a.m., 8:55 a.m., 9:25 a.m., 10:05 a.m., 10:45 a.m., 11:25 a.m. and 12:05 p.m.
No. 193 (Willowbrook Express - New York)
- Inbound express service from the Willowbrook Park & Ride to NY/PABT at 9:28 a.m., 10:28 a.m., 11:28 a.m., 12:28 p.m. and 1:28 p.m.
- Outbound express service from NY/PABT to the Willowbrook Park & Ride at 5:20 p.m., 6:20 p.m. and 7:20 p.m.
- Willowbrook Park & Ride customers - See routes 194, 197 & 198 for additional trips operating between Willowbrook and NY/PABT throughout the day.
No. 198 (Wayne - WPU - New York)
- Outbound service from NY/PABT to Wayne Transit Center via Willowbrook Mall at 6:00 p.m.
The following Park & Rides (parking fees in effect) will be open and available for parade attendees:
- Wayne Transit Center: See 194 and 198 timetables for service details.
- Willowbrook Park & Ride: See 194, 197 and 198 timetables for service details.
- Clifton - Allwood Park & Ride: See 191 and 192 timetables for service details.
- North Bergen Park & Ride: See 320 timetable for service details.
- Ticketing: To speed your return, purchase round-trip tickets at the start of your trip from bus operators inbound to New York or at ticket vending machines where available. Bus customers departing Port Authority Bus Terminal are reminded that tickets must be purchased before boarding the bus.
- Savings: Every weekend, families riding NJ TRANSIT can save with the Family Super Saver Fare, which allows two children 11 and younger to travel free with each fare-paying adult.
- Plan Ahead: Extra service will operate a few minutes ahead of regularly scheduled trips on the routes listed above. Customers should arrive at their boarding location 10 minutes earlier than the departure time.
- Allow Extra Travel Time: Traffic congestion may affect bus travel times to New York City. Customers should plan accordingly.
About NJ TRANSIT
NJ TRANSIT is the nation's largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 944,000 weekday trips on 252 bus routes, three light rail lines, 12 commuter rail lines and through Access Link paratransit service. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 165 rail stations, 62 light rail stations and more than 19,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.