NJ TRANSIT OFFERS EXTRA BUS SERVICE FOR PUERTO RICAN DAY PARADE
June 8, 2017
NEWARK, NJ — NJ TRANSIT will operate extra bus service to and from the Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT) on Sunday, June 11, to accommodate customers traveling to the Puerto Rican Day Parade in New York City.
Please note: liquid containers of any kind, open or closed, will not be permitted systemwide from 6 p.m. Friday, June 9th through 12:01 a.m. on Monday, June 12. Beverages of any kind are prohibited at all times on board buses.
Extra trips to and from New York will be offered on the following bus routes:
Extra Bus Trips Serving New York City for Puerto Rican Day Parade on Sunday, June 11, 2017
No. 123 (Jersey City - Union City - New York)
- Additional service from 9th Street HBLR Station to NY/PABT at 9:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
- Additional service from NY/PABT to 9th Street HBLR Station at 4:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
No. 158 (Fort Lee - Edgewater - New York)
- Additional service from Fort Lee (Mediterranean West) to NY/PABT at 9:45 a.m., 11:45 a.m. and 1:45 p.m.
- Additional service from NY/PABT to (Mediterranean West) at 4:20 p.m., 5:20 p.m., 6:20 p.m., 7:20 p.m. and 8:20 p.m.
No. 159 (Fort Lee - New York)
- Additional service from Fairview (Anderson & Park Aves.) to NY/PABT via Bergenline Avenue at 9:08 a.m., 10:08 a.m. and 11:08 a.m.
- Additional service from NY/PABT to Fort Lee (Linwood Park) via Bergenline Avenue at 3:40 p.m., 4:40 p.m., 5:40 p.m. and 6:40 p.m.
No. 161 (Paterson - Passaic - New York)
- Additional service from Paterson (Broadway Terminal) to NY/PABT at 10:25 a.m., 11:05 a.m. and 12:25 p.m.
No. 163 (Ridgewood - New York)
- Additional local service from Hackensack (Summit Ave. and Essex St.) to NY/PABT operating via the Boulevard in Hasbrouck Heights/Wood-Ridge/Carlstadt/East Rutherford at 8:15 a.m., 8:35 a.m., 9:07 a.m., 9:43 a.m., 10:07 a.m., 10:47 a.m. and 11:23 a.m.
- Additional local service from NY/PABT to Hackensack (Summit Ave. and Essex St.) operating local route through East Rutherford/Carlstadt/Wood Ridge and Hasbrouck Heights at 3:25 p.m., 4:25 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.
No. 165 (Westwood - New York)
- Additional local service from River Edge (Kinderkamack Rd. & Grand Ave.) to NY/PABT via Blvd. East at 8:01 a.m., 9:01 a.m., 9:56 a.m., 11:01 a.m., 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Additional local service from NY/PABT to Oradell (Kinderkamack Rd. & New Milford Ave.) via Blvd. East at 4:15 p.m., 5:15 p.m., 6:15 p.m., 7:15 p.m., 8:15 p.m., 9:15 p.m. and 11:15 p.m.
No. 166 (Cresskill - Bergenfield - New York)
- Additional local service from Englewood (Van Nostrand & Grand Aves.) to NY/PABT via Blvd. East at 7:43 a.m., 8:39 a.m., 9:39 a.m., 10:39 a.m., 11:39 a.m., 12:36 p.m. and 1:36 p.m.
- Additional local service from NY/PABT to Bergenfield (Bergenfield Station) via Blvd. East at 4:45 p.m., 5:45 p.m., 6:45 p.m., 7:45 p.m., 8:45 p.m., 9:45 p.m., 10:15 p.m., 10:50 p.m. and 12:15 a.m.
No. 167 (Harrington Park -Teaneck - New York)
- Additional service from Dumont (Madison & Washington Aves.) to NY/PABT via Teaneck Rd. & Glenpointe at 8:00 a.m., 9:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Additional service from NY/PABT to Dumont (Chestnut Bend) via Teaneck Rd. & Glenpointe at 3:05 p.m., 4:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 7:10 p.m., 8:05 p.m. and 9:05 p.m.
No. 190 (Paterson - Secaucus - New York)
- Additional local service from Paterson (Broadway Terminal) to NY/PABT via Secaucus at 6:55 a.m., 7:35 a.m., 8:15 a.m., 8:55 a.m., 9:25 a.m., 10:05 a.m., 10:45 a.m., 11:25 a.m. and 12:05 p.m.
- Additional 190 local service to Secaucus and Rutherford from NY/PABT at 4:28 p.m., 4:42 p.m. and 4:55 p.m.
No. 193 (Willowbrook Express - New York)
- Additional express service from the Willowbrook Park & Ride to NY/PABT at 9:28 a.m., 10:28 a.m., 11:28 a.m., 12:28 p.m. and 1:28 p.m.
- Additional express service from NY/PABT to the Willowbrook Park & Ride at 5:20 p.m., 6:20 p.m. and 7:20 p.m.
- Willowbrook Park & Ride customers – See routes 194, 197 & 198 for additional trips operating between Willowbrook and NY/PABT throughout the day.
No. 198 (Wayne - WPU - New York)
- Additional service from NY/PABT to Wayne Transit Center via Willowbrook Mall at 6:00 p.m.
The following Park & Rides (parking fees in effect) will be open and available for parade attendees:
- Wayne Transit Center: See 194 and 198 timetables for service details.
- Willowbrook Park & Ride: See 194, 197 and 198 timetables for service details.
- Clifton – Allwood Park & Ride: See 191 and 192 timetables for service details.
- North Bergen Park & Ride: See 320 timetable for service details.
- Ticketing: To speed your return, purchase round-trip tickets at the start of your trip from bus operators inbound to New York or at ticket vending machines where available. Bus customers departing Port Authority Bus Terminal are reminded that tickets must be purchased before boarding the bus.
- Savings: Every weekend, families riding NJ TRANSIT can save with the Family Super Saver Fare, which allows two children 11 and younger to travel free with each fare-paying adult.
- Plan Ahead: Extra service will operate a few minutes ahead of regularly scheduled trips on the routes listed above. Customers should arrive at their boarding location 10 minutes earlier than the departure time.
- Allow Extra Travel Time: Traffic congestion may affect bus travel times to New York City. Customers should plan accordingly.
About NJ TRANSIT
NJ TRANSIT is the nation's largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 944,000 weekday trips on 255 bus routes, three light rail lines, 12 commuter rail lines and through Access Link paratransit service. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 166 rail stations, 62 light rail stations and more than 18,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.