NJ TRANSIT OFFERS EXTRA BUS SERVICE FOR PUERTO RICAN DAY PARADE
June 7, 2012
NEWARK, NJ — NJ TRANSIT will operate extra bus service to and from the Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT) on Sunday, June 10, to accommodate customers traveling to the Puerto Rican Day Parade in New York City.
Extra trips to and from New York will be offered on the following bus routes:
- No. 123 (Union City-Jersey City): Outbound from PABT between 6:05 p.m. and 7:05 p.m.
- No. 126 (Hoboken): Outbound from PABT between 4:50 p.m. and 6:20 p.m.
- No. 139 (Lakewood): Outbound from PABT between 2:50 p.m. and 8:20 p.m.
- No. 158 (Edgewater-Fort Lee): Inbound to PABT from Edgewater between 9:30 a.m. and 10:50 a.m., and outbound from PABT between 4:20 p.m. and 8:20 p.m.
- No. 161 (Paterson): Inbound to PABT from Paterson between 9:10 a.m. and 10:45 a.m.
- No. 163 (Ridgewood): Inbound to PABT from Hackensack between 9:20 a.m. and 11:20 a.m., and outbound from PABT between 6:20 p.m. and 10:10 p.m.
- No. 164 (Midland Park): Outbound from PABT at 9:40 p.m. only.
- No. 165 (Westwood): Inbound to PABT from River Edge via Boulevard East between 9:22 a.m. and 11:35 a.m.
- No. 166 (Tenafly-Dumont): Inbound to PABT from Englewood via Boulevard East between 8:45 a.m. and 12:05 p.m., and outbound from PABT between 6:05 p.m. and 10:15 p.m.
- No. 167 (Teaneck-Harrington Park): Inbound to PABT via Teaneck Road between 8:59 a.m. and 11:08 a.m.
- No. 190 (Paterson-Rutherford-Secaucus): Inbound to PABT between 9:10 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. and outbound from PABT between 4:52 p.m. and 7:10 p.m.
The following Park & Rides (parking fees in effect) will be open and available for parade attendees:
- Wayne Transit Center: See 194 and 198 timetables for service details.
- Willowbrook Park & Ride: See 194, 197 and 198 timetables for service details.
- Clifton – Allwood Park & Ride: See 191 and 192 timetables for service details.
- North Bergen Park & Ride: See 320 timetable for service details.
- Ticketing: To speed your return, purchase round-trip tickets at the start of your trip from bus operators inbound to New York or at ticket vending machines where available. Bus customers departing Port Authority Bus Terminal are reminded that tickets must be purchased before boarding the bus.
- Savings: Every weekend, families riding NJ TRANSIT can save with the Family Super Saver Fare, which allows two children 11 and younger to travel free with each fare-paying adult.
- Plan Ahead: Extra service will operate a few minutes ahead of regularly scheduled trips on the routes listed above. Customers should arrive at their boarding location 10 minutes earlier than the departure time.
- Allow Extra Travel Time: Traffic congestion may affect bus travel times to New York City. Customers should plan accordingly.
About NJ TRANSIT
NJ TRANSIT is the nation's largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 895,000 weekday trips on 260 bus routes, three light rail lines, 12 commuter rail lines and through Access Link paratransit service. It is the second largest transit system in the country with 164 rail stations, 60 light rail stations and more than 19,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.