NJ TRANSIT EXPANDING SPECIAL PAPAL TICKET SALES TO WEEKEND OF PHILADELPHIA VISIT
Best way to purchase limited tickets is online at njtransit.com
September 25, 2015
NEWARK, NJ — NJ TRANSIT has expanded the sale of its special Papal tickets to include Saturday, September 26 and Sunday, September 27 for customers traveling on the Atlantic City Rail Line (ACRL) and River LINE to accommodate an anticipated surge of customers arriving at stations without tickets.
Special event tickets on the ACRL are being sold between 5 a.m. and 1:45 p.m., for hourly train departures from Atlantic City with direct service to Philadelphia’s 30th Street Station (no other station stops September 26 or 27). River LINE tickets are being sold for departures in scheduled two-hour windows, also between 6 a.m. and 1:45 p.m.
A limited number of tickets may be available. In addition, customers arriving to purchase tickets on these days may not be accommodated for a particular train and may have to wait for another train.
As a reminder, regular tickets, including MyTix and Family Supersaver tickets, are not valid these days.
Special event, reservation-only, roundtrip limited tickets, which cost $30 and are non-refundable, will now be sold Saturday, September 26 and Sunday, September 27:
- Online at njtransit.com — Ticket sales will be available for purchase up to fifteen minutes before train departure time (e.g. up to 8:45 a.m. for the 9 a.m. train departure). Printed tickets are not required. Tickets can be shown on a mobile device.
- At TVMs at the Atlantic City Rail Terminal.
- By ticket agents at the Atlantic City Rail Terminal from 5 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.
- At two (2) “Papal-only” TVMs at the Atlantic City Bus Terminal.
Special event, roundtrip limited tickets, which are $5 and non-refundable, will now be sold Saturday, September 26 and Sunday, September 27:
- Online at njtransit.com.
- Ticket sales will be available for purchase up to fifteen minutes before the conclusion of each two-hour service interval (e.g. up to 7:45 a.m. for the 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. departures).
- Tickets can be purchased (cash only) from ticket agents or fare service representatives at Trenton Transit Center (5 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. both days), and Florence Station and Pennsauken Transit Center (6 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. both days).
- Up to four (4) tickets can be purchased in one transaction.
Customers can visit www.njtransit.com/papal for more information.
About NJ TRANSIT
NJ TRANSIT is the nation's largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 938,500 weekday trips on 257 bus routes, three light rail lines, 12 commuter rail lines and through Access Link paratransit service. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 165 rail stations, 62 light rail stations and more than 19,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.