NJ TRANSIT ADJUSTS MAIN LINE AND BERGEN COUNTY LINE SERVICE EFFECTIVE MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 19
Temporary schedule changes will better coordinate with partial restoration of Metro-Northâ¿¿s Port Jervis Line service
September 16, 2011
NEWARK, NJ — NJ TRANSIT is adjusting rail service on the Main Line and Bergen County Line to better coordinate with the partial restoration of Metro-North’s Port Jervis Line service following the previous shutdown that had resulted from severe storm damage.
Starting Monday, September 19, limited Metro-North rail service will resume between Port Jervis and Harriman, NY, where buses will operate to and from NJ TRANSIT’s Ramsey/Route 17 Station. For details on this service and additional options provided by Metro-North, visit mta.info/mnr.
Also effective Monday, September 19 and continuing until further notice, NJ TRANSIT has made temporary changes to weekday peak period schedules between Suffern and Hoboken to address crowding on the Main Line and Bergen County Line due to the Port Jervis Line disruption.
For schedule details, visit njtransit.com and click on “Service Advisories.”
Weekday Morning Service:
- Train 1142 will now depart Suffern two minutes earlier, at 5:15 a.m., and add a stop at Ramsey-Route 17 at 5:19 a.m.
- Train 1192 will depart Suffern at 6:56 a.m. and make all stops to Allendale, then operate express to Secaucus and Hoboken.
- Train 1194 will depart Suffern at 7:32 a.m. and make all stops to Ramsey, then operate express to Broadway station, Secaucus and Hoboken.
- To alleviate overcrowding conditions for Broadway customers using Train 1154, Train 1194 will stop at 7:57 a.m., replacing Train 1154 at 7:50 a.m. Train 1154 will no longer stop at Broadway station.
- Train 1198 will depart Suffern at 8:21 a.m. and make all stops to Allendale, then operate express to Secaucus and Hoboken.
Weekday Evening Service:
- Train 1209, the 4:15 p.m. departure from Hoboken, will terminate at Ridgewood and be renumbered as Train 1311. Main Line Customers using Train 1209 for local trips to Ho-Ho-Kus and Waldwick may transfer at Ridgewood to Train 1267 (formerly 1355), below.
- Train 1355, the 4:29 p.m. departure from Hoboken, is extended to serve Ho-Ho-Kus and Waldwick. It will be renumbered as Train 1267.
- Train 1195 will depart Hoboken at 5:40 p.m., Secaucus at 5:50 p.m., and operate express to Ramsey, Ramsey-Route 17, Mahwah and Suffern.
- Train 1197 will depart Hoboken at 6:11 p.m., Secaucus at 6:21 p.m., and operate express to Allendale, then make all remaining stops to Suffern.
- With the added express service, Train 1169 will resume its previous schedule and no longer stop at Ramsey-Route 17.
Weekday Midday Service:
- Former weekday Port Jervis Line trains that continue to operate between Suffern and Hoboken only have been renumbered as follows (no schedule times have been changed):
- Train 62, the 12:54 p.m. Suffern departure, is renumbered 1136.
- Train 66, the 4:39 p.m. Ridgewood departure, is renumbered 1292.
- Train 68, the 10:53 p.m. Suffern departure, is renumbered 1182.
- Train 45, the 9:47 a.m. Hoboken departure, is renumbered 1153.
- Train 67, the 9:58 p.m. Hoboken departure, is renumbered 1179.
- Train 41, the 12:40 a.m. Hoboken departure, is renumbered 1141.
Connecting bus service will continue to operate on weekends between Port Jervis Line stations and Ramsey Route 17, until further notice.
Effective Sunday, September 18, several weekend trains will be renumbered. This change is to the train numbers only; no schedule times are changing.
- Former weekend Port Jervis Line trains that continue to operate between Suffern and Hoboken only have been renumbered as follows:
- Train 70, the 6:12 AM Suffern departure, is renumbered 1702
- Train 74, the 10:12 AM Suffern departure, is renumbered 1710
- Train 76, the 12:12 PM Suffern departure, is renumbered 1714
- Train 78, the 4:35 PM Suffern departure, is renumbered 1772
- Train 82, the 10:12 PM Suffern departure, is renumbered 1734
- Train 75, the 1:25 PM Hoboken departure, is renumbered 1769
- Train 81, the 9:30 PM Hoboken departure, is renumbered 1785
- Train 69, the 12:40 AM Hoboken departure, is renumbered 1791
About NJ TRANSIT
NJ TRANSIT is the nation's largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 895,000 weekday trips on 240 bus routes, three light rail lines and 12 commuter rail lines. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 164 rail stations, 60 light rail stations and more than 19,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.