EXTRA BUS SERVICE TO NEW YORK FOR ST PATRICKS DAY PARADE
March 10, 2017
NEWARK, NJ — NJ TRANSIT will operate extra bus service on selected routes to and from the Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT) on Friday, March 17, to accommodate customers traveling to the annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade in New York City. Trains will operate on a regular weekday schedule. Hudson-Bergen Light Rail, Newark Light Rail and River Line will also operate regular weekday schedules.
Please note: liquid containers of any kind, open or closed, will not be permitted on any train to and from New York/Hoboken on March 17. Beverages of any kind are prohibited at all times on board buses.
NJ TRANSIT will have Ambassadors will be on hand at Secaucus Junction, Aberdeen/Matawan, Middletown, N.J., and Penn Station New York to assist customers.
Extra trips to and from New York will be offered on the following bus routes:
To New York - PABT:
- No. 128 (Boulevard East - New York) additional trips from North Bergen to PABT via Boulevard East between 10:38 a.m. and 11:08 a.m.
- No. 163 (Ridgewood - New York) additional local trips from Hackensack (Summit Ave. and Essex St.) to PABT from 8:46 a.m. until 10:42 a.m. operating via the Boulevard in Hasbrouck Heights, Wood-Ridge, Carlstadt, and East Rutherford. Additional Turnpike Express (T) trips from Paramus (Paramus Rd. and Ridgewood Ave.) to NY/PABT at 8:57 a.m. and 9:17 a.m.
- No. 166T (Bergenfield - New York) additional Turnpike Express trips from Bergenfield Station to PABT operating between 9:44 a.m. until 10:55 a.m.
- No. 167 (Dumont -Teaneck - New York) additional trips from Dumont (Madison & Washington Ave.) to PABT via Teaneck Road & Glenpointe between 10:00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
- No. 177X (Harrington Park-Dumont-New York) additional Armory Express trips from Dumont (Madison & Washington Ave.) via Bergenfield to PABT at 9:45 a.m. and 10:04 a.m.
- No. 190 (Paterson - New York) additional local trips from Rutherford to PABT via Secaucus from 9:20 a.m. until 11:05 a.m.
- No. 191 (Willowbrook - Little Falls - New York) local trips from Allwood Park & Ride to PABT via Lyndhurst & Rutherford from 9:50 a.m. and 10:50 a.m. Allwood Park & Ride customers - See Routes 192 & 195 for additional service operating between Allwood Park & Ride and NY-PABT throughout the day.
- No. 192 (Clifton - New York) additional express trip from the Allwood Park & Ride to PABT at 9:30 a.m.
- No. 193 (Willowbrook Express - New York) additional express trips from the Willowbrook Park & Ride to PABT at: 9:52 a.m., 10:02 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. See Routes 194, 197 & 198 for additional service operating between Willowbrook Park & Ride and NY-PABT throughout the day. Please park in designated park & ride spaces only. Overflow parking is available at the Mothers Park & Ride on NJ Route 23 North with service operating to PABT until 10:37 a.m. See Route 324 schedule for more information.
- No. 194 (Wayne Transit Center - Willowbrook Park/Ride - New York) additional trip from the Wayne/Route 23 Transit Center to New York via Willowbrook Park/Ride at 8:50 a.m. Wayne Transit Center customers - See Routes 198 & 324 for additional trips operating between Wayne Transit Center and PABT throughout the day. The Mothers Park & Ride has service to PABT operating until 10:37 a.m. with parking available. – See Route 324 schedule for additional details.
- No. 197 (Pompton Lakes - New York) local trips from Pompton Lakes to New York via Riverview Drive at 8:08 a.m. and 10:51 a.m.
- No. 321 (Vince Lombardi Park & Ride - New York) frequent express service to the PABT during the AM peak and then every 30 minutes beginning at 9:45 through the early afternoon. Plenty of parking available.
From New York - PABT:
- No. 163 (New York - Ridgewood) additional local service from PABT to Hackensack (Summit Ave. and Essex St.) operating via East Rutherford, Carlstadt, Wood Ridge, and Hasbrouck Heights at 4:25 p.m. and 4:45 p.m. Additional Turnpike Express (T) service from PABT to Ridgewood Terminal operating via Hackensack, Maywood, Rochelle Park, Paramus and Ridgewood at 3:20 p.m. and 4:58 p.m.
- No. 167 (Dumont -Teaneck - New York) Turnpike Express (T) additional service from PABT to Dumont (Chestnut Bend) via Teaneck Road at 4:45 p.m.
- No. 177X (Harrington Park-Dumont-New York) Armory Express additional service from PABT to Harrington Park via Bergenfield and Dumont at 3:15 p.m. and 4:10 p.m. and additional service to Dumont (Chestnut Bend) via Bergenfield at 4:54 p.m.
- No. 190 (Paterson - New York) additional local service from PABT to Secaucus and Rutherford at 4:28 p.m., 4:42 p.m. and 4:55 p.m.
- No. 192 (New York - Clifton) additional express service from PABT to Clifton at 3:10 p.m. and 4:45 p.m. Allwood Park & Ride customers - See Routes 191 & 195 for additional trips operating between PABT and Allwood Park & Ride throughout the day.
- No. 193 (New York – Willowbrook Express) additional express service from PABT to the Willowbrook Park & Ride at: 2:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m. and 4:20 p.m. Willowbrook Park & Ride customers – See Routes 194, 197, 198 for additional trips between PABT and Willowbrook throughout the day.
- No. 321 (Vince Lombardi Park & Ride - New York) frequent express service from the PABT to Vince Lombardi Park & Ride every 30 minutes beginning at 12:45 p.m. through the late afternoon, then every 10-15 minutes during the afternoon peak hours.
- Ticketing: To speed your return, purchase round-trip tickets at the start of your trip from bus operators inbound to New York or at ticket vending machines where available. Bus customers departing Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT) are reminded that tickets must be purchased before boarding the bus.
- Allow Extra Travel Time: Traffic congestion during the morning period and early to mid-afternoon hours before and after the parade may affect bus travel times to New York City. Customers should plan accordingly.
- Plan Ahead: Extra bus service will operate a few minutes ahead of regularly scheduled trips on the routes listed above. Customers should arrive at their bus boarding location 10 minutes earlier than the departure time.
- Parking: Customers traveling from Park/Rides at Allwood Road, North Bergen, Willowbrook Mall, Mothers and Wayne/Route 23 Transit Center are advised that parking fees still apply.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: No liquids of any kind, in any type of container, open or closed, will be permitted on any train to and from New York/Hoboken. This policy will be strictly enforced. Beverages of any kind are prohibited at all times on board buses.
For schedules and fares, visit njtransit.com or call 973-275-5555.
About NJ TRANSIT
NJ TRANSIT is the nation's largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 944,000 weekday trips on 255 bus routes, three light rail lines, 12 commuter rail lines and through Access Link paratransit service. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 166 rail stations, 62 light rail stations and more than 18,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.