BUS GARAGE FOREMAN II
NJ TRANSIT is actively hiring for Bus Garage Foreman II and invites you to join our Team!
This position presents the exciting professional opportunity for you to use your talents and energy to supervise a maintenance team at one of our garages.
- Supervises employees on assigned shift, including assigning and reviewing work to ensure sufficient, clean, and safe vehicles are available for pull-out.
- Coordinates with other Maintenance Foremen and Transportation staff at the garage, the Control Center, and at Bus garages to ensure that road calls are properly handled, and that pull-outs go smoothly.
- Monitors workforce at assigned locations to coordinate maintenance activities and clean up activities and to ensure equipment is inspected in accordance with NJ TRANSIT maintenance standards.
- Supervises stock room, authorizes special orders, issues materials and ensures security and accurate accounting of stock.
- Trains, counsels, and motivates staff to maintain and improve productivity.
- Enforces work rules, safety and cleanliness standards; monitors condition of facility and equipment.
- Responsible for monitoring the timeliness and completeness of the revenue collection system, including proper vaulting procedures and reporting procedures.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Five (5) years of applied experience in bus or automotive maintenance.
- Experience in heavy diesel preferred
At NJ TRANSIT, you will enjoy a competitive salary and excellent benefit package:,?span>
- Family Health Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Leave
- 401(a), 401(k) Retirement Plans - up to 9% employer contribution
- Tuition Assistance
- Qualified Transportation Expense Plan (QTE)
Come join our Team!
Please select the corresponding button to your preferred area:
Northern Location Fairview, Jersey City, Paterson, North Bergen, Oradell, Wayne, & Westwood
Central Location Nutley, Maplewood, Howell, Newark, Dover, & Orange
Southern Location Camden, Washington Township, Hamilton, & Egg Harbor