Get up to a $6,000 signing bonus when you come work for NJ TRANSIT!
- If you have your Commercial Driver License (CDL), you may be eligible for up to a $6,000 signing bonus if you come work for NJ TRANSIT’s Bus Team, even if it’s not as a driver!
- Even if you just have your CDL Permit, you may still be eligible for up to a $3,000 signing bonus!
- And if you don’t have your CDL permit, we can help you get yours and still qualify for up to a $3,000 signing bonus!
- Competitive hourly rate with scheduled contractual increases and an impressive top rate
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Pension plan plus 457 tax-deferred savings plan
- Continued medical benefits after meeting full retirement eligibility
- Life insurance
- Opportunities for advancement
If you want to start a career — not just a job — join our nationally-recognized team of Bus Operators. At NJ TRANSIT, we fully train and certify all of our bus operators, so you have everything you need to hit the road. You qualify for our training program if:
- You are 21 years of age or older
- You have fewer than five points on your driving record
- You hold a non-provisional NJ Driver's License (for the last three years), a NJ Commercial Driver's License permit, or a Commercial Driver's License from NJ, NY or PA
At NJ TRANSIT, we support and depend upon the diversity of our staff.
NJ TRANSIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NJ TRANSIT adheres to the NJ First Act. To learn more, click here.