NORTH JERSEY COAST LINE RESUMES FULL SERVICE
Regular Weekend Rail Schedule Resumes Saturday, December 5; Full Weekday Schedule Resumes Monday, December 7
For immediate release December 4, 2020
NEWARK, NJ – North Jersey Coast Line (NJCL) rail service will resume regular operations beginning on Saturday, December 5th with the restoration of full weekend service. Regular weekday schedules will resume on Monday, December 7th. The resumption follows a modified schedule which was in effect as the result of a derailment last week in Perth Amboy.
NJ TRANSIT crews worked throughout this period to remove the rail cars and repair damage to the tracks. NJ TRANSIT thanks customers for their patience while the NJCL operated on a modified schedule.
- Stay connected to NJ TRANSIT social media during your commute. Search for rail, bus or light rail-specific Twitter accounts for the best information
- @NJTRANSIT_NBUS (North Jersey Bus)
- @NJTRANSIT_SBUS (South Jersey Bus)
- @NJTRANSIT_AL (Access Link)
- Facebook: facebook.com/NJTRANSIT
- YouTube Channel: TheNewJerseyTransit
About NJ TRANSIT
NJ TRANSIT is the nation's largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 925,000 weekday trips on 251 bus routes, three light rail lines, 12 commuter rail lines and through Access Link paratransit service. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 166 rail stations, 62 light rail stations and more than 19,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.