PASCACK VALLEY LINE (PVL)
Schedules were adjusted on some PVL trains to minimize service impacts on customers to the greatest extent possible. Highlights are listed below; however, we strongly encourage you to review the new PVL schedule to determine if any changes affect your regular trip.
To proactively address the potential service adjustment impacts, NJ TRANSIT will offer a 10-percent discount on all NJ TRANSIT rail tickets and passes for travel in November, December and January while the mandated hardware installation is completed. The 10-percent discount applies to NJ TRANSIT rail service only and does not apply to Metro-North service.
Two trains have been temporarily discontinued and service on other trains has been adjusted. These trains are listed along with some travel options to help you plan your trip. Other service changes are available in the new timetable.
EFFECTIVE JUNE 4
INBOUND SERVICE (temporarily discontinued)
- Train 1618, the 7:59 a.m. departure from Spring Valley to Hoboken Terminal (Metro-North express)
- Earlier train departs Spring Valley at 7:37 a.m.
- Train 1620 is adjusted five minutes earlier to depart Spring Valley four minutes later than the discontinued Train 1618 (arrives in Hoboken 13 minutes later than the current Train 1618)
OUTBOUND SERVICE (temporarily discontinued)
- Train 1639, the 7:20 p.m. departure from Hoboken Terminal to Spring Valley (Metro-North express, Monday through Thursday)
- Earlier train departs Hoboken at 6:48 p.m.
- Later train departs Hoboken at 7:29 p.m.
- Train 9653 will no longer operate on Friday afternoons except before major holidays (departs Hoboken at 2:58 p.m.)
- Only days of service: July 3, August 31, November 21 and December 21
- Note: Train 1633, the 5:58 p.m. departure from Hoboken, will not operate on July 3, August 31, November 21 or December 21 to provide equipment for this early getaway service
Be sure to check the new schedule for other adjustments, especially if you connect with other services.