MAIN/BERGEN COUNTY LINE (MBPJ)
In June, schedules were adjusted on other rail lines to accommodate the installation of PTC equipment. Beginning October 14, some Main/Bergen County Line trains will be temporarily discontinued while others have service changes as we accelerate these installations. Highlights are listed below; however, we strongly encourage you to review the new Main/Bergen County Line schedule to determine if any changes affect your regular trip.
To proactively address the potential service adjustment impacts, NJ TRANSIT will offer a 10-percent discount on all NJ TRANSIT rail tickets and passes for travel in November, December and January while the mandated hardware installation is completed. The 10-percent discount applies to NJ TRANSIT rail service only and does not apply to Metro-North service.
EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 14
INBOUND TO HOBOKEN (temporarily discontinued)
- Train 1146, the 5:29 a.m. from Suffern arriving Hoboken at 6:37 a.m.
- Alternate trains for Suffern-Ridgewood: Train 1102 departs Suffern at 5:21 a.m. via the Main Line; Train 1104 departs Suffern at 6:07 a.m.
- Alternate train for Glen Rock-Rutherford: Train 1148 departs Suffern via Bergen County Line at 5:46 a.m.
- Train 1218, the 2:10 p.m. from Waldwick arriving Hoboken at 3:05 p.m.
- Train 1118 departs Suffern 48 minutes earlier at 2:00 p.m., making all Main Line stops to Hoboken.
- Train 1172 departs Suffern at 2:12 p.m., making all Bergen County Line stops to Hoboken.
OUTBOUND FROM HOBOKEN (temporarily discontinued)
- Train 1105, the 7:00 a.m. departure from Hoboken to Suffern
- Earlier Train 1103 departs Hoboken at 5:48 a.m.
- Later Train 1107 departs Hoboken at 7:33 a.m.
- Train 1155, the 12:39 p.m. departure from Hoboken to Suffern
- Alternate train Ridgewood-Suffern: Train 1111 departs Hoboken at 12:39 p.m. and travels via the Main Line to Suffern.
- Alternate train for Rutherford, Broadway, Radburn and Glen Rock: Train 47 departs Hoboken at 12:42 p.m.
- Train 1245, which departs Hoboken at 6:52 a.m. and arrives at Waldwick at 7:38 a.m., will operate 32 minutes later and be renumbered as Train 1247.
- Train 1118, which departs Suffern at 2:48 p.m. and arrives at Hoboken at 3:59 p.m., will operate 48 minutes earlier and replace Train 1218.
- Train 1158, which departs Suffern at 8:04 a.m. and arrives at Hoboken at 9:12 a.m., will originate at Waldwick at 8:18 a.m.
- Alternate trains for customers from Suffern through Allendale: Train 1156, the 7:43 a.m. departure from Suffern or Train 1160, the 8:35 a.m. departure from Suffern.
- Alternate train for customers from Ramsey Rt. 17 Station only: Train 54, which departs Ramsey Rt. 17 at 8:23 a.m.
- Train 1131, the 10:55 p.m. departure from Hoboken to Suffern, will terminate at Ridgewood.
- Alternate train: Train 1183, the 11:17 p.m. departure from Hoboken, for service to Ridgewood and points west.
- Alternate train for customers traveling locally: Train 1131, the 10:55 p.m. departure from Hoboken to Ridgewood and transfer to Train 1183.
Be sure to check the new schedule for other adjustments, especially if you connect with other services.