Atlantic City Rail Line (ACRL)
NJ TRANSIT will resume full service on the Atlantic City Rail Line (ACRL) effective Friday, May 24, 2019. The agency continues to address a continuing shortage of locomotive engineers, as well as equipment availability, as Positive Train Control (PTC) installations, maintenance inspections and testing continues. NJ TRANSIT will communicate updates as new information becomes available.
- All Atlantic City Rail Line customers will have alternate travel options until full service is restored on May 24, 2019 and will continue to receive a 25% discount until May 31, 2019.
- The following alternate transportation options will remain in effect:
- NJ TRANSIT Bus Route No. 340 Lindenwold Atlantic City Express Shuttle - This shuttle will operate as an express route between Atlantic City Bus Terminal and Lindenwold PATCO, making stops only at the Absecon and Egg Harbor City rail stations. Service will operate daily, throughout the day, at a similar frequency to the ACRL.
- NJ TRANSIT Bus Route No. 340 Cherry Hill – Lindenwold Shuttle (Replaces Cherry Hill - Pennsauken - WRTC Shuttle) - Effective Monday, October 6, the No. 340 bus shuttle route serving Cherry Hill, Pennsauken and Walter Rand Transportation Center (WRTC) will be cancelled due to low ridership. This service will be replaced with a new No. 340 bus shuttle route that will operate between Cherry Hill and Lindenwold. At Lindenwold, Cherry Hill customers can connect with PATCO service for travel to/from Philly. Pennsauken customers will continue to have River LINE service available to WRTC where they can transfer to PATCO service for travel to/from Philly.
- NJ TRANSIT Bus Route No. 417 Pennsauken Transit Center - 30th St. Station Philadelphia - This route will cross-honor rail tickets and passes with an origin or destination of Philadelphia. Customers must have a rail ticket or pass with a Philadelphia origin or destination for travel on this route at no additional charge.
- NJ TRANSIT Bus Route No. 555 Avandale Park-Ride - 30th St. Station Philadelphia - This route will cross-honor rail tickets and passes with an origin or destination of Philadelphia. Customers must have a rail ticket or pass with a Philadelphia origin or destination for travel on this route at no additional charge.
- NJ TRANSIT Bus Route No. 551 Express - This route will cross-honor rail tickets with an origin or destination of Atlantic City or Philadelphia and will be accepted at Atlantic City Bus Terminal (AC Bus Terminal), Avandale Park-Ride (Sicklerville), Walter Rand Transportation Center (WRTC), Camden and Greyhound Bus Terminal (10th and Filbert streets, Philadelphia).
- NJ TRANSIT Bus Route No. 554 - The No. 554 will cross-honor all rail tickets and passes and provide hourly service to/from all rail stations between Atlantic City and Lindenwold.
- All NJT bus routes serving Center City Philadelphia from Walter Rand Transportation Center (WRTC) in Camden - These routes will cross-honor rail tickets and passes with an origin or destination of Philadelphia. Customers must have a rail ticket or pass with a Philadelphia origin or destination for travel on these route at no additional charge.
- PATCO (Lindenwold, Walter Rand Transportation Center (WRTC) in Camden and 8th St./Market St. ONLY) - PATCO will cross-honor rail tickets and passes with an origin or destination of Philadelphia at Lindenwold, WRTC in Camden and 8th St./Market St. in Philadelphia for service to/from Philadelphia. Customers must have a rail ticket or pass with a Philadelphia origin or destination for travel on PATCO at no additional charge. Customers should retain their rail tickets and passes for cross honoring on PATCO.
- River LINE - Tickets with an origin or destination of Philadelphia will be accepted for travel between any two stations on the River LINE
- Customers should continue to purchase their rail tickets & passes as they do today to take advantage of the 25% discount and the available cross-honoring options with PATCO and NJT bus. Rail ticket vending machines will continue to be available at all ACRL stations.
- The Atlantic City Rail Station will remain open during this time and customers will still be able to utilize parking there.
- The 340 Express Shuttle to Lindenwold, the 551 Express to Philadelphia and the 554 local bus making all rail station stops to Lindenwold will arrive and depart from the Atlantic City Bus Terminal
- A special Jitney shuttle will be established to connect to the AC Rail Terminal with the AC Bus Terminal for those who cannot or do not wish to walk the short distance between the parking at the AC Convention Center/Rail Terminal and the Bus Terminal.
- ACRL customers utilizing PATCO to/from Philadelphia will not have service to/from 30th Street Station in Philadelphia. Customers will board/exit PATCO at the 8th St./Market St. Station in Philadelphia.
- Atlantic City casino jitney bus service will not operate to/from the Atlantic City Rail Terminal. This service will relocate to/from the Atlantic City Bus Terminal.
- Temporary Ticket Vending Machines (TVMs) will be available at the PATCO 8th St./Market St. Station to purchase NJ TRANSIT rail tickets to be cross honored on PATCO.
- Rail tickets will be sold at TVMs at the Atlantic City Bus Terminal and Greyhound Bus Terminal located at 10th and Filbert streets in Philadelphia.
Click the route number to view, download and/or print bus schedules.
340 Cherry Hill - Lindenwold
340 Lindenwold Atlantic City Express Shuttle Schedule
551 Philadelphia - Atlantic City Schedule
554 Lindenwold - Atlantic City Schedule
417 Mt. Holly - Willingboro - 30th street Philadelphia Express Schedule
555 Avandale park & ride - 30th Street Philadelphia Schedule
AC Rail and Casino Shuttle Schedule
- Customers utilizing paper tickets should retain those tickets for cross-honoring on PATCO.
- Check the website or news media before starting your trip for service advisories or alerts that may affect your trip.
- Download NJ TRANSIT's Mobile App for easy access to service information and advisories, ticket purchases via MyTix®, real-time train departure status through DepartureVision, real-time or scheduled bus arrivals through MyBus, and other features to assist you during your commute.
- Stay connected during your commute through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. Search for rail, bus or light rail-specific Twitter accounts for the best information. While we make every effort to respond to comments posted on our social media channels, we recommend that you contact our Customer Service team directly with critical or time-sensitive issues.
- Twitter: @NJTRANSIT
- Facebook: facebook.com/NJTRANSIT
- YouTube Channel: TheNewJerseyTransit
- During this time, you may want to update your travel alert preferences in your My Transit account. If you do not have a My Transit account and are a frequent traveler on NJ TRANSIT, sign up to receive alerts HERE.
- Purchase round-trip tickets prior to boarding trains, buses or light rail vehicles to speed up your return trip. Tickets are available at ticket vending machines and ticket agent locations at major terminals and stations, as well as through the MyTix feature on NJ TRANSIT's Mobile App. For more information on MyTix and to set up an account, click HERE.
For additional information and language assistance, please contact NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.
Other Travel Options
- Ridesharing and carpooling are options that may work for you during this time. For more information, visit njrideshare.com. Cross County Connection also offers transportation solutions and commute alternatives at www.driveless.com or 856-596-8228.