Home > Doing Business > Film, Photography and Special Events |
NJ TRANSIT's Requirements for Student Film/Photo Permits
Students seeking to access NJ TRANSIT property must apply for a film/photo access permit. These requirements apply to any student who is in good standing with his or her school.
The student wanting to film/photograph must submit a written request to NJ TRANSIT, One Penn Plaza East, Newark, NJ 07105, Attention: Latoya Anderson, Paralegal,
Real Estate Development and Economic Development, 7th floor or by email to LAnderson@njtransit.com. The letter of intent should contain the date, timeframe, and location of the proposed shoot. The letter must be submitted to NJ TRANSIT for approval at least two weeks before the proposed shoot date.
- Submit a letter on school letterhead from the instructor stating you are a student in good standing with the school.
- Submit a copy of the certificate of liability insurance which shall indemnify, keep and save harmless the State of New Jersey and NJ TRANSIT.
- Persons involved in the shoot shall maintain the agreed upon time and schedule for film/photo.
- No film/photo shoots are permitted during rush hours, which are 7am to 9am and 3pm to 7pm, Monday through Friday. Students can only film Monday through Friday from 9am to 3pm, no exceptions.
- If you arrive late, your shoot time will not be extended.
- You must carry a copy of the signed notarized agreement on your person with photo identification and produce it when asked by NJ TRANSIT Police or personnel.
- Guests should come dressed as they plan to appear in film/photo. There are no changing areas available.
- Permission to conduct a film/photo shoot on NJ TRANSIT property grants no rights to use its name or trademarks.
- The student shall refrain from capturing film/photo images of anyone who is not within the permitted group.
- Violation of this policy may result in the revocation of permission to do the film/photo shoot.
NJ TRANSIT reserves the right to refuse admittance for photography and/or to change these student film/photo requirements without advance notice. The terms and conditions of a permit given are considered as understood and agreed upon prior to entry to NJ TRANSIT property and any unauthorized activities not specifically allowed herein may be considered cause for termination.