Home > NJ TRANSIT News > News Releases |
NJ TRANSIT OFFERS RAIL AND BUS SERVICE TO ROLLING STONES CONCERTS AT METLIFE STADIUM AUGUST 1 & 5
Some Customers May Experience Extended Post-Concert Wait Times for Return Rail Service to Secaucus
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 26, 2019
NEWARK, NJ – Fans planning to attend the Rolling Stones concerts at MetLife Stadium on August 1st and 5th can get there safely and securely by using NJ TRANSIT’s special Meadowlands rail shuttle and bus service.
Important note: The rail line from MetLife Stadium has the operational capacity to move approximately 7,500 customers per hour. The closer you are to the front of the line following the concert, the shorter the wait time for a train to Secaucus. Depending on the number of customers traveling by rail, and where you are on the line to board, some customers may experience extended wait times to board trains from MetLife Stadium to Secaucus. In advance of the concerts, customers are strongly advised to check the departure times of final train connections from Secaucus. A list of final departures from Secaucus by rail line, including service to New York, is available below for your convenience.
Bus service to MetLife Stadium
Secaucus Junction to MetLife Stadium: Bus service will begin at 3:30 p.m. and will operate until rail service begins at approximately 5:30 p.m., operating between Secaucus Junction, Platform #10 and MetLife Stadium Lot C, which is adjacent to the NJ TRANSIT rail station. Buses will operate as a “load and go’’ system. Customers may experience wait times boarding buses at Secaucus prior to the start of rail service.
Bus service from MetLife Stadium
MetLife Stadium to Secaucus Junction: Following the concert, buses will be on stand-by to accommodate customers as a supplement to rail service from MetLife Stadium to Secaucus if necessary.
Rail Service to MetLife Stadium
Penn Station New York to MetLife Stadium: There is no direct train service from Penn Station New York to MetLife Stadium. Customers may take any NJ TRANSIT train that stops at Secaucus Junction and then transfer to special Meadowlands-bound trains. Departure boards at Penn Station New York will display SEC on trains that stop at Secaucus.
Secaucus Junction to MetLife Stadium: Rail service will depart Secaucus Junction for MetLife Stadium beginning at approximately 5:30 p.m., then approximately every 10-15 minutes, with the last Stadium-bound trains departing Secaucus just after 8:30 p.m.
Hoboken to MetLife Stadium: There are no direct trains from Hoboken to MetLife Stadium. Customers can take any Main, Bergen County, Pascack Valley or Port Jervis Line train to Secaucus and transfer to Meadowlands-bound trains.
Rail service from MetLife Stadium
MetLife Stadium to Penn Station New York: There is no direct train service from MetLife Stadium to Penn Station New York. Customers must take trains to Secaucus Junction and then transfer to any NJ TRANSIT train traveling toward New York.
MetLife Stadium to Secaucus Junction: Trains will operate hourly beginning at 6:00 p.m. through 11:00 p.m. Then, following the event, trains will operate every 10 minutes until the crowds dissipate on a load-and-go basis, and then every 15 to 20 minutes as needed until 1:00 a.m. The last train is scheduled to depart from MetLife Stadium at 1 a.m. Please check your connection times at Secaucus to allow ample time to connect to the last train of the evening to your final destination.
The final train departing Secaucus:
- TO New York is at 2:21 a.m.
- NEC to Trenton is at 1:31 a.m.
- RVL to connect at Newark Penn for a train to High Bridge (The final train departs Secaucus at 10:47 p.m.); To connect at Newark Penn for a train to Raritan (The final train departs Secaucus at 1:09 a.m.)
- NJCL to Long Branch is at 1:09 a.m. (The final train to connect to a Bay Head shuttle departs Secaucus at 11:28 p.m.)
- M&E to Dover is at 1:05 a.m. (The final train to connect to a Gladstone Branch train at Broad St. departs Secaucus at 11:51 p.m.)
- MoBo to Montclair State is at 12:43 a.m.
- Main Line to Suffern is at 1:42 a.m.
- Bergen County Line to Port Jervis at 12:50 a.m.
- Pascack Valley Line to Spring Valley at 11:23 p.m.
Customers are strongly urged to plan ahead and carefully check rail schedules for service from Secaucus to Penn Station New York and Hoboken Terminal after the event. Following the event, there will be limited direct service to Hoboken.
Note: Customers traveling on NJ TRANSIT trains to the Meadowlands Sports Complex should purchase their round-trip tickets from their originating station TO MEADOWLANDS STATION to avoid delays boarding trains. Tickets purchased on the train will include a $5 surcharge for each ticket.
Customers connecting with trains at Secaucus should check the train schedules and allow for additional time in order to make those connections.
- Purchase round-trip tickets in advance to avoid potentially long lines.
- Use the MyTix feature on NJ TRANSIT’s mobile app for a seamless experience.
- Plan accordingly. Customers should familiarize themselves with NJ TRANSIT schedules and fares prior to starting their trip. To see the schedules and fare information, visit www.njtransit.com.
- Customers should download the latest version of the NJ TRANSIT mobile app and customize service alert notifications available via push notifications.
- A clear bag policy is in effect for the concert. For more information on the bag policy and permitted/prohibited items, visit www.metlifestadium.com.
About NJ TRANSIT
NJ TRANSIT is the nation's largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 925,000 weekday trips on 251 bus routes, three light rail lines, 12 commuter rail lines and through Access Link paratransit service. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 166 rail stations, 62 light rail stations and more than 19,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.