Home > NJ TRANSIT News > News Releases |
NJ TRANSIT OFFERS EXTRA BUS SERVICE FOR PUERTO RICAN DAY PARADE
June 8, 2015
NEWARK, NJ — NJ TRANSIT will operate extra bus service to and from the Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT) on Sunday, June 14, to accommodate customers traveling to the Puerto Rican Day Parade in New York City.
Extra trips to and from New York will be offered on the following bus routes:
- No. 123 (Union City - Jersey City): Inbound from 9th Street Light Rail Station at 10:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
- No. 128 (Boulevard East): Inbound to PABT from North Bergen between 8:00 a.m. and 1:58 p.m.
- No. 158 (Edgewater - Fort Lee): Inbound to PABT from Fort Lee at 10:16 a.m. and 11:16 a.m. Outbound from PABT at 5:30 p.m. and 6:50 p.m.
- No. 159 (Fairview): Inbound to PABT from Fairview at 9:38 a.m., 10:56 a.m. and 11:56 a.m.
- No. 161 (Paterson): Inbound to PABT from Paterson at 10:25 a.m. and 11:05 a.m.
- No. 163 (Ridgewood): Inbound to PABT from Hackensack between 8:15 a.m. and 11:08 a.m., and outbound from PABT between 4:05 p.m. and 10:05 p.m.
- No. 165 (Westwood - Hackensack): Outbound from PABT to Westwood via Boulevard East at 4:55 p.m., 6:15 p.m., 7:55 p.m. and 9:25 p.m.
- No. 166 (Cresskill - Englewood): Inbound local service to PABT from Englewood via Boulevard East between 7:45 a.m. and 10:38 a.m. Inbound local service to PABT from Dumont via Boulevard East at 9:36 a.m., 10:36 a.m., 11:36 a.m., 12:36 p.m. and 1:36 p.m. Outbound local service from PABT to Bergenfield station via Boulevard East between 5:05 p.m. and 12:15 a.m.
- No. 167 (Dumont - Teaneck): Inbound to PABT via Teaneck Road and Glenpoint between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. Outbound service from PABT between 4:00 p.m. until 9:05 p.m.
- No. 190 (Paterson - Rutherford - Secaucus): Inbound to PABT between 6:55 a.m. and 12:25 p.m.
- No. 194 (Willowbrook - Wayne/Route 23 Transit Center): Outbound from PABT to Wayne/Route 23 Transit Center via Willowbrook Mall at 6:00 p.m.
- No. 197 (Pompton Lakes - Willowbrook Express): Inbound express service to PABT between 7:08 a.m. and 10:28 a.m. Outbound service from PABT to Pompton Lakes via Willowbrook at 5:20 p.m.
The following Park & Rides (parking fees in effect) will be open and available for parade attendees:
- Wayne Transit Center: See 194 and 198 timetables for service details.
- Willowbrook Park & Ride: See 194, 197 and 198 timetables for service details.
- Clifton – Allwood Park & Ride: See 191 and 192 timetables for service details.
- North Bergen Park & Ride: See 320 timetable for service details.
- NJ TRANSIT reminds customers that beverages of any kind will not be permitted on buses. In addition, no open containers of alcohol will be permitted on board all trains and light rail cars from 9 a.m. on Sunday June 14 to 12:00 a.m. on Monday, June 15. This policy will be strictly enforced.
- Ticketing: To speed your return, purchase round-trip tickets at the start of your trip from bus operators inbound to New York or at ticket vending machines where available. Bus customers departing Port Authority Bus Terminal are reminded that tickets must be purchased before boarding the bus.
- Savings: Every weekend, families riding NJ TRANSIT can save with the Family Super Saver Fare, which allows two children 11 and younger to travel free with each fare-paying adult.
- Plan Ahead: Extra service will operate a few minutes ahead of regularly scheduled trips on the routes listed above. Customers should arrive at their boarding location 10 minutes earlier than the departure time.
- Allow Extra Travel Time: Traffic congestion may affect bus travel times to New York City. Customers should plan accordingly.
About NJ TRANSIT
NJ TRANSIT is the nation's largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 915,900 weekday trips on 261 bus routes, three light rail lines, 12 commuter rail lines and through Access Link paratransit service. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 165 rail stations, 62 light rail stations and more than 19,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.