Home > NJ TRANSIT News > News Releases |
NJ TRANSIT OFFERS EXTRA BUS SERVICE FOR PUERTO RICAN DAY PARADE
June 5, 2014
NEWARK, NJ — NJ TRANSIT will operate extra bus service to and from the Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT) on Sunday, June 8, to accommodate customers traveling to the Puerto Rican Day Parade in New York City.
Extra trips to and from New York will be offered on the following bus routes:
- No. 123 (Union City-Jersey City): Inbound to the PABT from Jersey City (9th Street HBLR Station) between 9 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. and outbound from PABT between 5:20 p.m. and 7:50 p.m.
- No. 128 (Boulevard East): Inbound from North Bergen between 9:37 a.m. and 1:07 p.m.
- No. 158 (Edgewater-Fort Lee): Inbound to PABT from Fort Lee/Edgewater between 9:16 a.m. and 11:16 a.m., and outbound from PABT between 5:50 p.m. and 6:50 p.m.
- No. 161 (Paterson): Inbound to PABT from Paterson between 10:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
- No. 163 (Ridgewood): Inbound to PABT from Hackensack between 8:15 a.m. and 1:15 p.m., and outbound from PABT between 5:30 p.m. and 10:05 p.m.
- No. 165 (Westwood): Outbound from PABT to Westwood via Boulevard East between 4:55 p.m. and 11:55 p.m.
- No. 166 (Englewood-Dumont): Inbound to PABT from Dumont and Englewood via Boulevard East between 8:34 a.m. and 11:36 a.m., and outbound from PABT between 5:05 p.m. and 10:10 p.m.
- No. 167 (Teaneck-Dumont): Inbound to PABT via Teaneck Road and Glenpointe between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m., and outbound from PABT to Dumont via Glenpointe and Teaneck Road between 4:00 p.m. and 9:05 p.m.
- No. 190 (Paterson-Rutherford-Secaucus): Inbound to PABT between 8:50 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- No. 194 (Wayne/Route 23 Transit Center-Willowbrook): Outbound from PABT to Wayne/Route 23 Transit Center via Willowbrook at 6:00 p.m.
- No. 197 (Willowbrook-Pompton Lakes): Outbound from PABT to Pompton Lakes via Willowbrook at 5:15 p.m.
The following Park & Rides (parking fees in effect) will be open and available for parade attendees:
- Wayne Transit Center: See 194 and 198 timetables for service details.
- Willowbrook Park & Ride: See 194, 197 and 198 timetables for service details.
- Clifton – Allwood Park & Ride: See 191 and 192 timetables for service details.
- Ticketing: To speed your return, purchase round-trip tickets at the start of your trip from bus operators inbound to New York or at ticket vending machines where available. Bus customers departing PABT are reminded that tickets must be purchased before boarding the bus.
- Savings: Every weekend, families riding NJ TRANSIT can save with the Family Super Saver Fare, which allows two children 11 and younger to travel free with each fare-paying adult.
- Plan Ahead: Extra service will operate a few minutes ahead of regularly scheduled trips on the routes listed above. Customers should arrive at their boarding locations 10 minutes earlier than the departure time.
- Allow Extra Travel Time: Traffic congestion may affect bus travel times to New York City. Customers should plan accordingly.
- NJ TRANSIT reminds customers that beverages of any kind will not be permitted on buses. In addition, no open containers of alcohol will be permitted on board Northeast Corridor and North Jersey Coast Line trains from 9 a.m. to midnight on Sunday, June 8. This policy will be strictly enforced.
About NJ TRANSIT
NJ TRANSIT is the nation's largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 895,000 weekday trips on 262 bus routes, three light rail lines, 12 commuter rail lines and through Access Link paratransit service. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 165 rail stations, 62 light rail stations and more than 19,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.