Home > NJ TRANSIT News > News Releases |
NJ TRANSIT SERVICE ADVISORIES FOR THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11
February 10, 2010
NEWARK, NJ — NJ TRANSIT is preparing to restore bus service and adjust rail and light rail service as needed for Thursday, February 11, following today’s winter storm. Due to the continuing effects of the extreme winter weather, customers are advised of the following:
Bus Service: North Jersey bus service will be restored, beginning at 6 a.m. on Thursday, February 11. South Jersey bus service will be restored beginning at 7 a.m. Customers are advised to expect delays due to local road conditions.
- Jersey Avenue Station will be CLOSED Thursday, February 11, due to weather conditions. Customers should use New Brunswick Station as an alternate.
- Northeast Corridor trains may be combined Thursday due to weather-related track limitations. Customers are advised to leave approximately 30 minutes of additional travel time and to expect crowding conditions.
- River Line will operate every 30-minutes on Thursday between Walter Rand Transportation Center (WRTC) and Trenton. Trains will depart WRTC at :23 and :53. Trains will depart Trenton :13 and :45.
- River Line service will remain suspended Thursday between Entertainment Center and Walter Rand Transportation Center stations.
- The 5:56 a.m. northbound departure from Burlington South station will not operate Thursday.
- The 5:59 a.m. southbound departure from Burlington Towne Centre will not operate Thursday.
Parking: There will be reduced parking capacity at many stations due to the snow. Customers are advised to plan accordingly.
Access Link: All Access Link paratransit service will be cancelled statewide Thursday.
To give customers additional travel options, full systemwide cross-honoring remains in effect through tomorrow, February 11, enabling customers to use their ticket or pass on an alternate travel mode.
Customers are encouraged to check njtransit.com before starting their trip for updated travel information.
# # #