Home > NJ TRANSIT News > News Releases |
NJ TRANSIT WINTER STORM SERVICE UPDATE AS OF 5:30 P.M.
All bus service suspended statewide effective 7 p.m.
February 10, 2010
NEWARK, NJ — Due to severe winter weather conditions, the following NJ TRANSIT service advisories are in effect:
- Bus Service: All NJ TRANSIT bus service statewide will be suspended at 7 p.m. until further notice. (Bus service in South Jersey was suspended earlier today.) When conditions permit, NJ TRANSIT will announce the resumption of service on www.njtransit.com and through broadcast traffic services.
- Rail Service: Rail service is operating on a reduced schedule. Some trains will be combined and others will be cancelled. Customers should expect delays and check www.njtransit.com before traveling. Customers who transfer at Secaucus Junction or Newark Penn Station should also check for changes to connecting service.
- River Line: Service will operate on a 30-minute schedule between Trenton and Walter Rand Transportation Center for the remainder of the service day.
- Hudson-Bergen Light Rail: Service is subject to 10 to 15-minute delays for the remainder of the service day.
- Newark Light Rail: Service is subject to 20-minute delays between Newark Penn Station and Newark Broad Street Station.
To give customers additional travel options, full systemwide cross-honoring remains in effect through tomorrow, February 11, enabling customers to use their ticket or pass on an alternate travel mode.
# # #