NEWARK, NJ — Beginning next week, NJ TRANSIT will adjust weekday midday service on the Pascack Valley Line to accommodate necessary track work.
NJ TRANSIT crews will make priority repairs to the Essex Street grade crossing in Hackensack to address damage to the crossing caused by a motor vehicle. While the track is out of service, NJ TRANSIT will also perform regular track maintenance on the line.
Starting Monday, September 14 and continuing through Friday, October 2, 2009, buses will replace midday Pascack Valley Line trains to allow for the repairs and track work. Please refer to shuttle bus schedules for departure times and locations.
Customers are advised of the following:
- Busing will occur between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. each day.
- Buses will serve stations between Spring Valley and the Frank R. Lautenberg Station at Secaucus Junction.
- At Secaucus, customers can make connections to/from New York and Hoboken.
- Inbound buses will depart Spring Valley at the same time, or after, scheduled train times.
- Every effort will be made to maintain train connections at Secaucus, but they cannot be guaranteed.
- Buses will wait for train connections at Secaucus Junction.
As an alternate travel option, Pascack Valley Line customers traveling between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. may use their tickets and passes on Coach USA (Red & Tan) buses operating between the Port Authority Bus Terminal and locations in Bergen and Rockland counties, as well as on NJ TRANSIT Bus Nos. 76, 161 and 165.
Important Station Notes
- New Bridge Landing: Buses traveling express from Pearl River will not stop at New Bridge Landing station. Customers traveling to/from New Bridge Landing station must use local buses or travel to Secaucus and reverse back to New Bridge.
- Essex Street: Buses in both directions will stop on Essex Street at Newman Street. The parking lot entrance to Essex Street station will remain open. Essex Street will be CLOSED at the railroad crossing.
- Teterboro: Shuttle buses will not stop at Teterboro. Customers may use NJ TRANSIT Bus No. 161 (stop on Route 46 and Industrial Avenue), which will accept Pascack Valley Line tickets and passes from 9 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
For more information, customers may contact NJ TRANSIT at (973) 275-5555.
About NJ TRANSIT
NJ TRANSIT is the nation's largest statewide public transportation system providing more than 895,000 weekday trips on 240 bus routes, three light rail lines and 12 commuter rail lines. It is the third largest transit system in the country with 165 rail stations, 60 light rail stations and more than 18,000 bus stops linking major points in New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia.