Home > NJ TRANSIT News > News Releases |
TAKE THE TRAIN TO THE JETS VS. EAGLES GAME
Football fans can connect to the new Meadowlands Rail Line from their local station for service to Giants Stadium
September 1, 2009
NEWARK, NJ — Football fans attending the New York Jets vs. Philadelphia Eagles game on Thursday, September 3 can avoid the hassles of traffic, tolls and parking by taking advantage of NJ TRANSIT’s convenient new rail service right to Giants Stadium.
SEPTA customers enjoy easy access to the new Meadowlands Rail Line by transferring to NJ TRANSIT Northeast Corridor rail service at Trenton Transit Center.
Taking the Train from Philadelphia
- Take SEPTA R7 service from Philadelphia to Trenton Transit Center.
- Transfer to NJ TRANSIT Northeast Corridor train to Secaucus Junction.
- At Secaucus Junction, board the shuttle train to the Meadowlands Sports Complex on the station’s lower level.
From 30th Street Station, the combined SEPTA/NJ TRANSIT fare is only $20.50 each way.
Customers can travel from Philadelphia to the Meadowlands for as little as $18.75 each way, based on a roundtrip purchase.
Philly fans can purchase joint SEPTA/NJ TRANSIT tickets at all NJ TRANSIT rail ticket vending machines, at NJ TRANSIT rail ticket offices, at SEPTA ticket windows at Suburban and Market Street East stations and at SEPTA ticket vending machines at 30th Street Station.
Recommended Trip to Giants Stadium
Depart 30th Street Station - 3:59 p.m.
Arrive Trenton Transit Center - 4:49 p.m.
Northeast Corridor Train 3866
Depart Trenton Transit Center - 5:03 p.m.
Arrive Secaucus Junction - 6:22 p.m.
Meadowlands Rail Line
Depart Secaucus Junction - 6:30 p.m.
Arrive Meadowlands - 6:43 p.m.
Recommended Return Trip
Meadowlands Rail Line
Depart Meadowlands - 10:20 p.m.
Arrive Secaucus Junction - 10:34 p.m.
Northeast Corridor Train 3893
Depart Secaucus Junction - 10:47 p.m.
Arrive Trenton Transit Center - 12:11 a.m.
Depart Trenton Transit Center - 12:20 a.m.
Arrive Philadelphia 30th Street - 1:07 a.m.
For more train itineraries, visit njtransit.com/meadowlands.
Traveling from Northeast Corridor Stations
Customers traveling from Central and Southern New Jersey may prefer to drive to a Northeast Corridor station to catch their train. Trenton, Hamilton and Metropark stations feature large parking decks with ample parking. For parking and fare information, visit njtransit.com/meadowlands.
- Purchase round-trip tickets in advance. Select “Meadowlands Sports Complex” as your destination.
- On the train, present your ticket to the conductor. If you are connecting at Secaucus Junction, your ticket will be returned to you.
- Visit njtransit.com/meadowlands for information on connecting trains, specific fares and parking.