Home > NJ TRANSIT News > News Releases |
LIGHT RAIL SERVICE SUSPENDED BETWEEN PAVONIA-NEWPORT AND HARSIMUS COVE ON WEEKENDS
September 12, 2007
NEWARK, NJ — Starting on Saturday, September 15 and continuing through Sunday, October 14, Hudson-Bergen Light Rail service will be suspended on weekends between Pavonia-Newport and Harsimus Cove stations from 6 a.m. until 7 p.m. each day, due to construction activity adjacent to the tracks at the site of a future hotel.
Customers traveling during these periods are advised of the following:
- Light rail trains will not operate between Pavonia-Newport and Harsimus Cove stations.
- Light rail service will operate normally from all other stations in four segments:
- Tonnelle Avenue – Pavonia-Newport
- Hoboken – Pavonia-Newport
- Harsimus Cove – West Side Avenue
- Harsimus Cove – 22nd Street (Bayonne)
- Customers may use free shuttle bus service to travel between Pavonia-Newport and Harsimus Cove stations, or they may walk the short distance between the stations.
- In the event of inclement weather, construction may be canceled and normal service will operate.
For Hudson-Bergen Light Rail schedules, fares or information, visit www.njtransit.com or call 1-800-772-2222.