Home > NJ TRANSIT News > FYI >
Enjoy Your Quiet Commute Time on NJ TRANSIT |
Enjoy Your Quiet Commute Time on NJ TRANSIT
NJ TRANSITs Quiet Commute offers rail customers the ability to relax or work without distractions in a quiet, subdued environment. As a friendly reminder, please observe the programs guidelines when riding in a Quiet Commute rail car.
Here are some tips to help you identify a Quiet Commute rail car and what to expect.
- Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Disable the sound feature on your electronic devices.
- Refrain from cell phone use.
- Conduct conversations in subdued voices.
- Maintain a low headphone volume to avoid distracting other passengers.
Designated Quiet Commute cars are available on all trains arriving at or departing from terminal stations on weekdays between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m. based on the following:
Trains To/From Newark Penn Station and Penn Station New York
- Northeast Corridor, Raritan Valley, Morris & Essex and Montclair-Boonton lines - first and last open cars on all trains.
- North Jersey Coast Line - first and last open cars on all trains except Bay Head shuttles, which use the first open car at the front of the train
Trains To/From Hoboken Terminal
- Morris & Essex, Montclair-Boonton, Main/ Bergen County, Port Jervis, Pascack Valley and North Jersey Coast lines - first open car traveling to Hoboken and last open car traveling from Hoboken.
Trains To/From Philadelphia's 30th Street Station (when Atlantic City Rail Line reopens).
- Atlantic City Rail Line - first open car traveling to Philadelphia and last open car traveling to Atlantic City.
For more details on Quiet Commute, visit www.njtransit.com and click "Rider Tools" → "Quiet Commute," or call (973) 275-5555 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.