Please be aware of the following guidelines before making your group trip reservation:
- For travel on rail and light rail only, not valid for travel on buses.
- Trips must be for round trip travel and occur on the same day.
- Available all day on weekends and select holidays.
- Weekday travel only between 9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m.
- Atlantic City Rail Line group trips are available any day of the week.
- Must be a minimum of 10 people traveling together maximum total of 95.
- Larger rail groups, 96 people or more are required to rent a rail car.
- Rail car rentals are not permitted on the Northeast Corridor.
- For safety reasons, at least one adult must accompany every 10 children.
- Parking is not included.
To book a group trip, click the "Book A Group Trip" button at the bottom of this page and tell us about your desired trip. An NJ TRANSIT representative will contact you to confirm your reservation. Reservations must be submitted at least three weeks in advance of your trip to ensure proper processing.
If your group is more than 95 people, you can rent a rail car or even book an entire excursion train.
Group rates save you up to 25 percent on rail lines and up to 13 percent on light rail services.
For more information, contact:
NJ TRANSIT Customer Service Group Sales
One Penn Plaza East
Newark, NJ 07105
973-491-7220 voice mail messages
Booking a group trip does not guarantee your group will sit together. Cancellations of the entire Group Trip will be accepted with full refund provided that the confirmation letter and ticket is returned to NJ TRANSIT no less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled trip. Keeping with NJ TRANSIT's policy of not issuing refunds on single ride tickets, partial refunds will not be issued for a reduction in group size or an adjustment of the mix of children and adults. To cancel and receive a refund, the ticket must be sent back to Customer Service Group Sales, One Penn Plaza East, 9th Floor, Newark, NJ 07105 postmarked prior to the trip date. Refund checks will be mailed to customers within six weeks from the day that the Refund Department receives the request.