NJ TRANSIT New Rail Schedules - Effective Sunday, June 6, 2021
On Sunday, June 6, new Rail schedules will take effect on all lines. Schedule updates reflect anticipated ridership growth associated with economic reopening and include restoration of certain temporary service reductions implemented in August 2020.
Customers are advised to carefully check for new schedules and specific updates to individual lines via the Trip-Planner, Station-to-Station or Upcoming Schedules options on the Train Schedules page. Updated Printer-Friendly Timetables are also available.
Please note the following important service updates:
- Northeast Corridor:
- Trains 3124 and 3725 between New Brunswick and Penn Station New York will be restored.
- Trains 3834 and 3951 between Trenton and Penn Station New York will be restored.
- Train 3821 to Trenton will replace Train 3711 to New Brunswick.
- Train 3828 will be converted to a Metropark express that will arrive at PSNY at 8:53AM.
- Train 3720, a Metropark express that currently arrives at 9:57AM, will make additional local NEC stops and arrive 10 minutes later.
- Train 3830 will operate about 15 minutes earlier.
- Raritan Valley Line:
- Trains 5420, 5444 and 5445 between Raritan and Newark will be restored.
- North Jersey Coast Line:
- Train 3232 will be renumbered to 3228 and will operate 40 minutes earlier, arriving at PSNY at 9:37AM.
- Trains 3506 will operate about 15 minutes earlier
- Main Line:
- Minor adjustments were made on several trains to improve on-time performance and to streamline connections at Secaucus and to/from PATH trains at Hoboken.
- Northeast Corridor:
- North Jersey Coast Line: 12 weekend trains between Bay Head and Long Branch will be added for seasonal summer travel through September 11 (see Train Schedules for full service details).
- Gladstone Branch: 39 weekend trains between Gladstone and Summit will be restored, eliminating substitute bus service that has been operating since October 2018 (see Train Schedules for full service details).
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5PM daily.