UPDATE: Bus Route Nos. 1, 67 & 319: Shuttle Service & Cross Honoring for Bridge Work - March 27-28, 2020
UPDATE: Date adjustments below.
On Friday, March 27 and Saturday, March 28, the Department of Transportation (DOT) will be performing structural repairs to the bridge on Routes 1 & 9 over the Passaic River.
During this time, the roadway will be closed, and direct service to and from Jersey City will not operate, affecting NJ TRANSIT Bus Route Nos. 1, 67 and 319.
Click HERE for shuttle bus schedule between River Terminal and Journal Square.
Please note the following:
- All Bus Route No. 1 service scheduled to operate through Newark to Jersey City and River Terminal will endat Newark Penn Station.
- Service on Nos. 67 and 319 will begin and end at Newark Penn Station.
- Trips on Nos. 67 and 319 will depart Newark Penn Station at their regularly scheduled departure times.
- Service to River Terminal, along Rts. 1 & 9 (Lincoln Highway) and Communipaw Avenue will be provided by a special shuttle that will operate between River Terminal and Journal Square (Platform C2). This shuttle will serveall intermediate stops between River Terminal and Journal Square.
- There will be no service to/from Exchange Place along Grand Street and Communipaw Avenue.
- Passengers to Jersey City will need to take PATH from Newark Penn Station in order to access the shuttle bus, Journal Square or Exchange Place.
- PATH will be cross honoring multi-zone bus tickets/passes. Please have your ticket or pass ready to present to the PATH attendant at the turnstile. If there is no attendant, use the phone at the turnstile to inform PATH personnel that you have an NJ TRANSIT bus pass or ticket, and PATH will give you access.
Please allow for extra travel time.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5PM daily.