Port Authority Bus Terminal: Holiday Bus Service To & From NYC - Through Wednesday, January 1, 2020
NJ TRANSIT buses will operate holiday service as follows.
Tuesday, December 31 (New Year's Eve):
- Most NJ TRANSIT bus routes (North & South Jersey Local/Port Authority Bus Terminal [PABT]/George Washington Bridge [GWB]/Jersey City Waterfront) will operate on a regular weekday schedule OR a special holiday schedule that may include AM peak and/or PM peak reductions and/or will also provide early getaway service from the PABT and Jersey City Waterfront (Nos. 64 and 68 only) between noon and 4 p.m.
- Extra outbound service from New York will be provided between midnight and 6 a.m.
Wednesday, January 1 (New Year's Day): Most buses will operate on a Saturday or Sunday schedule. Select routes will operate on a special schedule.
Travel Tips and Reminders:
- Check Travel Alerts & Advisories for advisories or alerts that may affect your trip.
- Please allow extra travel time during the holiday period due to heavier than normal passenger demand and traffic congestion into and out of New York City. Heavy travel times are between 9 a.m. and noon (inbound) and between 4 p.m. and 8p.m. (outbound).
- Travel during off-peak hours: inbound before 9 a.m. or after noon; outbound before 4 p.m.
- On full-service bus routes, remember that no bills over $20 are accepted. Exact change is always appreciated.
- Customers departing Port Authority Bus Terminal are reminded that tickets/passes are required before boarding the bus.
- Purchase round trip tickets in advance on-board your inbound trip or prior to leaving the terminal to speed your return trip.
- Customers traveling with large luggage or baby strollers should use undercarriage storage compartments on buses when available. Please ask your bus operator for assistance when using undercarriage storage compartments.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.