Northern NJ Bus Routes: Special Holiday Schedules in Effect - Holiday Season 2019
Extra Bus service will operate weekends and weekdays between Thanksgiving and Christmas on select routes with heavier ridership than normal and will cover some extended mall hours. Please check the Holiday Service section on the Bus Schedules page for holiday schedules and the holiday-service guide on your bus route’s timetable for more information.
Weekdays, Saturdays and Sundays between Thanksgiving and Christmas:
- The following routes will have extra service based upon higher ridership demands and extended mall hours of the day. Please check the Bus Schedules page for more information: Nos. 11, 40, 73, 79, 85, 123, 137, 139, 163, 192, 198, 704, 709, 712 and 748.
Travel Tips and Reminders:
- Check Travel Alerts & Advisories for service advisories or alerts that may affect your trip.
- Please allow extra travel time during the holiday period due to heavier than normal passenger demandand traffic congestion into and out of New York City. Heavy travel times are between 9 a.m. and noon (inbound) and between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. (outbound).
- Travel during off-peak hours: inbound before 9 a.m. or after noon; outbound before 4 p.m.
- On full-service bus routes, remember that no bills over $20 are accepted. Exact change is always appreciated.
- Customers departing Port Authority Bus Terminal are reminded that tickets/passes are required before boarding the bus.
- Purchase round trip tickets in advance on-board your inbound trip or prior to leaving the terminal to speed your return trip.
- Customers traveling with large luggage or baby strollers should use undercarriage storage compartments on buses when available. Please ask your bus operator for assistance when using undercarriage storage compartments.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.