Newark Light Rail: Schedule Adjustments & Boarding Changes due to Track Maintenance Work - Weekend - November 9-10, 2019
On Saturday, November 9 and Sunday, November 10 from 2 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. each day, schedule adjustments and boarding changes will occur on NJ TRANSIT’s Newark Light Rail due to scheduled track maintenance work as follows.
Saturday, November 9 | 2 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- All trains will arrive into Penn Station on Light Rail Track 4 and depart on Track 2.
- Penn Station tracks 1 and 5 will be out of service.
Sunday | November 10 | 2 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- All trains will arrive outbound platforms at Center Street/NJPAC, Atlantic Street, Riverfront/Ball Park Stadium and Broad Street stations.
- Inbound platforms will be closed at Center Street/NJPAC, Washington Park and Broad Street stations.
Note: All trains will operate in two sections on a modified Sunday schedule as follows.
Grove Street Station – Newark Penn Station
Newark Penn Station – Newark Broad Street Station
- Departing Grove Street: All trains will depart 6 minutes later than scheduled.
- Departing Broad Street: All trains will depart 8 minutes later than scheduled.
- Departing Penn Station to Broad Street: All trains will depart 6 minutes earlier than scheduled.
- Departing Penn Station to Grove Street: All trains will depart 10 minutes later than scheduled.
Please check the destination sign prior to boarding, listen for station announcements and allow for extra travel time.
We thank you for your patience as we continue to enhance the Newark Light Rail.
For more information and language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.